Front End Developer
AudienceView is an organization of people who are passionate about the business of live events. We create industry-leading software solutions that fuel attendee engagement, ticket sales, and advertising solutions for close to 8,000 higher education, music, and theatre venues in 15 countries around the world. AudienceView employees share a vision to help entertainment organizations deliver exceptional experiences for people who love live events. We achieve this through innovative technology, popular media brands, effective distribution strategies and a dedicated team of experts that help propel our clients’ success every single day.
We are looking for an ambitious, self-driven front-end software Engineer to join our team.
You will be responsible for analyzing, implementing, building, testing, documenting and supporting world class ticketing software.You will work alongside other engineers and designers,collaborating on the various layers of infrastructure. With your excellent communication skills and willingness to learn, you will take on new challenges. Thisis a greatopportunity to participate in a growing, supportive and collaborative Agile team while working on all areas ofthedevelopment stack.
- Design and build UI features that deliver a consistent, repeatable and superior customer experience.
- Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
- Innovate front-end features primarily within React.
- Consider accessibility, user experience, ethics in design and quality of data when implementing code.
- Help create and maintain a positive, inclusive and accepting work environment.
- Participate in code reviews and provide mentorship to team members
- Collaborate across multiple departments
- Translate business requirements into technical design specifications that work well with establishedarchitecture
- Create and update documentation on user and technical manuals to reflect UI changes, test plans and otherdocumentation as needed.
- Experience developing high-volume commercial grade, web-based enterprise solutions or consumer facinge-commerce solutions in a similar role
- Experience in functional programming and experience in React, ReactHooks, Redux, ECMAScript 2015 andfamiliarity with Node.js.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques.
- Commanding knowledge of UI component life cycles rendering and performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Experience with internationalisation and localisation
Nice To Have:
- AWS and/or shell scripting experience is a plus
- Mobile development experience such as ReactNative, Objective-C, Ionic is a plus
- Hands on experience with Eclipse, Tomcat, Nginx
- Back-end skills including Java, C++, Spring, Spring Boot
- Knowledge of common software vulnerabilities, including OWASP 10
- We’re a global leader in live events technology. As the essential partner to get live events discovered, attended and remembered, we help our clients sell more tickets every single day.
- We’re passionate about live entertainment. AudienceView believes in the power of live events and its purpose is to ignite that passion in people around the world.
- We have amazing clients. Our exciting roster of clients includes sports, live music and performing arts organizations
- Our employees love us. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salaries, flexible hours, work remote opportunities and more!
- Diversity and inclusion is a core value. The data is abundantly clear that diverse teams are more successful because they offer different perspectives, increased innovation, faster problem-solving and higher employee engagement among other benefits.
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada