Director, Cloud Operations
We are a distributed (work from home) organization with team members living in cities all over the world, in 5 countries and more than 35 states or provinces. We provide the operational backbone (our software businesses) and the insider stories and ticket sales engine (our consumer businesses) for thousands of live events organizations in 15 different countries, and we are among the largest organizations in this space, competing neck and neck for clients with household brands like Ticketmaster & Eventbrite.
Our customers include organizations like Wembley Stadium, The Grand Ole Opry, The Bluebird Cafe, Playhouse Square, University of Tennessee and City Winery (plus too many more very cool and innovative organizations to list!).
We have just under 200 employees located around the world, including developers, salespeople, writers & editors and a myriad of other roles.
The Director, Cloud Operations will be responsible for the continuation and evolution of our infrastructure strategy that supports repositioning our three core products towards one, cloud native, containerized platform.
This role is also responsible for establishing efficient organizational processes to drive the implementation and adoption of Microsoft Azure and related technologies. Technology areas include (but are not limited to) networking (Palo Alto), security (Carbon Black), monitoring (Grafana), infrastructure automation (Terraform, Packer, Ansible), deployment (Jenkins, Jenkins X), container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes) and cloud cost management. Success is dependent on working closely with Development, Product and Architecture teams to align with business expectations.
This position has a high focus on team leadership and the successful candidate will help mentor, develop and engage a team of highly motivated and engaged technical people.
- Responsible for the implementation of a secure, consistent, reliable & scalable technology footprint for the company
- Owns the infrastructure strategy, based in MS Azure
- Owns the Incident, Problem and Change Management processes
- Owns the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity strategy
- Defines, implements & operates a scalable cloud footprint to meet changing business needs
- Implements automation across the team, both internally and within the environment
- Identify opportunities for and implement technology consolidation & rationalization
- Experience defining, implementing and managing Cloud infrastructure to effectively & efficiently meet the needs of the organization
- Owns the technology renewal process (Procurement & renewal of technology HW and Licenses)
- Works with Product & Project Managers to ensure projects are appropriately resourced
- Ensures a security first approach, and a ruthless focus on compliance
- Manage a highly skilled technical team of 10
- Responsible for hiring and recruitment
- Responsible for Project deliverables for the team
- Managing incoming priorities and escalations
- Manage career planning and development for the team
- Set and manage goals & objectives that are aligned to the company Performance reviews for the team
- Ensure coverage of team members (i.e., on-call, vacation, sick days)
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team-oriented environment, supporting multiple sites
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and managing multiple competing priorities
- Responsible for Cloud Operations budget
- Experience planning and managing to a budget
- Expenses and procurement approvals for the team
- Managing front line relationships with vendors
- Vendor sourcing and selection
- Participate in vendor reviews
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex technical problems to both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to interact & communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical resources
- Interface with Senior Management for high level updates and statuses
- Familiar with majority of technologies in datacenter space (compute, storage, virtualization, network, database, security)
- Experience with the following technologies and platforms is essential:
- Microsoft Azure, including cloud network security
- CI/CD Automation technologies
- Infrastructure as Code, including Terraform
- Helm Chart
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience with migration of legacy systems to cloud infrastructure
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment and demonstrable experience helping organizations scale is highly desired
- College or university degree in a technical discipline. Minimum of 8 years related work experience
- Previous experience as a direct manager / supervisor for a highly technical team
- Certifications from Microsoft, Cisco or other software/hardware vendors
- We’re a global leader in live events technology. As the essential partner to get live events discovered, attended and remembered, we help our clients sell more tickets every single day.
- We’re passionate about live entertainment. AudienceView believes in the power of live events and its purpose is to ignite that passion in people around the world.
- We have amazing clients. Our exciting roster of clients includes sports, live music and performing arts organizations
- Our employees love us. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salaries, flexible hours, work remote opportunities and more!
- Diversity and inclusion is a core value. The data is abundantly clear that diverse teams are more successful because they offer different perspectives, increased innovation, faster problem-solving and higher employee engagement among other benefits.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada