Route Sales Representative - Coffee Service Division
Department: Coffee Service Division
Reports To: Area Sales Manager or Territory Sales Manager
Travel Required: Daily travel between company location and customer establishments.
Why Work at Community Coffee?
Community Coffee Company is the #1 family-owned and operated retail coffee brand in America. Rooted in family and tradition, yet always looking to the future, you can expect a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Join us and make your passion your profession!
As the Route Sales Representative you will be responsible for obtaining new business as well as providing service to existing customers. Our Route Sales Representatives proudly represent the Community Coffee brand, playing an essential role in the company’s overall sales strategy.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Drives vehicle to sell and deliver products, equipment and supplies to customer to achieve financial targets for route profitability
- Solicits existing customers to purchase additional products
- Acquires new business by identifying and making cold calls and presentations to prospective customers
- Collects payment from customers
- Records and maintains sales inventory and delivery information
- Maintains proper selection and inventory of products for each customer
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Responsible for loading and maintaining truck inventory
- Monitors and collects funds from delinquent accounts
- Ensures freshness of products
- Manages coffee brewing equipment on route
- Recovers brewing equipment and other branded merchandise and products from closed or discontinued account
- Participates in trade shows and special events to promote the company's products and services
- Cleans truck and performs routine vehicle maintenance
- Responsible for route’s daily bank deposits
- May be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- One year of relevant customer sales and service experience
- Route sales and cold calling experience in DSD environment preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid Driver’s license required; A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required for vehicles 26,000 lbs or greater
- Acceptable driving record
- DOT medical certification required
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical
What we’re looking for
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Team oriented
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will service/sell to approximately 20-30 customers per day and is required to do the following :
- Frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Must be able to frequently lift 35 pounds and occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Field Sales Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be moderately loud in warehouse areas.
Our People We are a high performance company with emphasis on teamwork and employee care
Our Integrity We have the courage to always do what is right
Our Customers We have a personal commitment to provide exceptional products, services, and solutions
Our Safety We champion safe behaviors for ourselves, our fellow employees, and our community
Our Brand Everything we do has to be as good as our coffee
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Coffee Service
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Atlanta, GA, USA