National Accounts Kroger Lead
Department: Grocery Sales Division
Reports To: Director of National Accounts, GSD
Travel Required: up to 50%
Why Join Community Coffee?
Community Coffee Company is the #1 family-owned and operated retail coffee brand in America. Rooted in family and tradition, yet always looking to the future, you can expect a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Join us and make your passion your profession!
Assists in the creation of sales strategy as well as executing sales strategies to develop national or major retail/grocery accounts in order to maximize profitability and ensure customer satisfaction.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Conducts national chain account sales calls and makes formal presentations of company pricing, products and promotions to the Company’s largest region or national retail/grocery customers
- Analyzes customer trends to identify development opportunities within current accounts.
- Executes sales strategies in order to meet or exceed company’s sales goals, achieve KPIs as outlines in performance scorecards, and appropriately handle customer issues.
- Coordinates and manages all National Retail Account resets and new store set-up.
- Participates in Price Committee to develop appropriate pricing and promotional trade program suited to the achievement of company strategic objectives.
- Represents the company at trade association events and major trade shows.
- Assists with the development of the company 5-year strategic plan, the annual operating plan and all major promotions and new item introductions.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume and trends, potential sales and expansion and the results of potential sales and expansion projects.
- Assist with inventory planning, promotional programs, pricing and marketing audits.
- In collaboration with Marketing, develops marketing plans, both market wide and account specific, for promotions, new items, and limited time offers.
- May be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university AND 5 years of successful CPG sales experience in the retail/grocery industry, specifically with national or regional, large revenue accounts; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Membership in trade related association, preferred
- Advanced account management with track record of success
What We’re Looking For
- Advanced strategic thinking skills
- Proven ability to manage and organize projects
- Proven leadership skills
- Analytical mindset
- Outstanding communication skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Frequently required to sit
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Office Environment: Most of the duties of this position will be perform inside an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
Our People We are a high performance company with emphasis on teamwork and employee care
Our Integrity We have the courage to always do what is right
Our Customers We have a personal commitment to provide exceptional products, services, and solutions
Our Safety We champion safe behaviors for ourselves, our fellow employees, and our community
Our Brand Everything we do has to be as good as our coffee
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Grocery Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Cincinnati, OH, USA