Merchandiser - Grocery Sales
Community Coffee Company is the #1 family-owned and operated retail coffee brand in America. Rooted in family and tradition, yet always looking to the future, you can expect a fast-paced environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Join us and make your passion your profession!
- Represents Community Coffee brand in assigned market, ensuring stores have optimal product stocked and arranged to company and retail store standards. Provides exceptional customer service at all times.
- Drives personal or company vehicle to retail grocery stores, as assigned, to stock and reset product sections
- Unloads product from pallet onto dolly or cart to transport from storage area to aisle/shelf
- Receives, opens and unpacks cases of merchandise and stocks displays with new or transferred merchandise
- Handles and records damaged and/or returned product according to company and/or store requirements
- Sets up shelf tags and point-of-sale signage and displays merchandise on shelves
- Builds product displays to attract customers and promote sales, rotates product on shelves according to company specifications, supporting overall planogram strategy. Cleans display shelves as needed
- Communicates customer issues with sales and warehouse teams
- Builds relationship with managers and associates at store level
- If assigned company vehicle, cleans vehicle and performs routine maintenance (such as washing, and checking fluids, oil and tire pressure) according to established company standards
- May be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned
- One or more years previous merchandising experience in a sales, grocery or retail environment preferred
- Ability to operate a manual or automated floor jack preferred
- Self-starter with customer service skills
- Team oriented
- Positive can-do attitude
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms;
- Frequently required to stand, walk; climb or balance; regularly has to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl;
- Regularly required to get in and out of a vehicle.
- Must be able to frequently lift 40 pounds
- Occasionally push or pull up to 100 pounds using a rolling pallet or similar equipment, often up or down a slight incline or ramp.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Field Sales Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be moderately loud in warehouse areas.
Our People We are a high performance company with emphasis on teamwork and employee care
Our Integrity We have the courage to always do what is right
Our Customers We have a personal commitment to provide exceptional products, services, and solutions
Our Safety We champion safe behaviors for ourselves, our fellow employees, and our community
Our Brand Everything we do has to be as good as our coffee
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Grocery Sales
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Mobile, AL, USA