Accounts Payable Specialist III
10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA Req #602
Monday, June 7, 2021
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist III
Reports to: AP Supervisor
Position Summary: This position is responsible for supporting daily Accounts Payable Cost of Sales processes including handling and resolving escalated issues received by AP Operations team in support of invoice processing, research and correction coordination, reconciliation, vendor payments and associated banking responsibilities, special handling and monitoring daily queue statistics.
• Serves as team lead directing the daily activities of team members
• Assigns processing duties for team members, monitoring and communicating team metrics
• Facilitates training on new team members
• Monitors general mailbox and phone lines to ensure they are being addressed by team members.
• Resolves team member questions regarding invoices and escalates to Supervisor when necessary.
• Communicate effectively, promptly and professionally with internal and external clients of the department including coworkers, customers and vendors to resolve issues
• Enforces company policy with regards to maintaining files and documentation accurately
• Executes weekly vendor payment cycle including coordination of envelope stuffing and mailing.
• Initiates wires, transfer funds to intercompany accounts and processing of any off-cycle payments
• Reporting of available cash balances to management
• Weekly forecasting of cash payments and cash receipts
• Monthly/Quarterly/Annually payment of sales and other taxes
• Support annual 1099 processing.
• Vendor Maintenance
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of vendor files in Great Plains and any other related IT systems and applications.
• Designs and implements changes to Accounts Payable policies and procedures to streamline processes and enhance automation.
• Will support system testing, ongoing and future initiatives as requested, and work closely with Accounts Payable Manager/staff and other Finance departments in support of time bound processes.
• Ensures processing of refund requests submitted by AR and Operations Department
• Work with other members Finance sub department to identify and implement business process improvements
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Ability to use hands and eyes repetitiously while using a computer monitor and keyboard
• Sitting for more than 5-6 hours per day, periodic standing, and walking
• Limited stooping, bending, and twisting
• Ability to lift up 5 pounds
• Associate Degree and 3+ years of customer service experience with working knowledge of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service
• 3 years or more of Accounts Payable experience
• Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite
• Great Plains system experience
• DISAWorks® system experience
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.50
- Max Hiring Rate $25.00
- Travel Required No
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA