Application Support Specialist
10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA Req #601
Thursday, June 10, 2021
Job Title: Application Support Specialist
DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and safety and substance abuse training. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas with over 800 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety for over 25 years and has a strong market presence in the energy and transportation sector. We are IT innovators and developed one of the most advanced platforms to support our clients’ access to data. DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Job Overview: The Application Support Specialist provides support to internal end users of DISA’s proprietary and enterprise applications by performing the listed functions and responsibilities.
A Day in the Life:
• You will provide technical and functional assistance for users of DISA applications by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or requests.
• You will identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
• You will assist customers through email, messaging, phone, and in person.
• You will use the IT Service Management system to review and respond to requests for support.
• You will escalate urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources or vendors.
• You will author and edit documentation and procedures in the IT Knowledge base.
• You will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• You will interact with end users to understand issues from a business perspective.
• You will work with end users to reproduce reported issues in test environments and report those issues to the development team or application vendor.
• You will monitor performance of applications after implementation.
• You will communicate status and issues to upper management.
• You will apply basic knowledge of company’s core technologies to achieve the listed duties.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Has a bachelor’s degree, or one year of related job experience supporting software applications, or an associate’s degree with six months of related experience.
• Has exposure to software and hardware design principles.
• Has an understanding of Relational Database Management Systems such Microsoft SQL Server.
• Has had exposure to applications such as Dynamics GP, Prophix, OpenText TeleForm, Dynamics 365, and SharePoint.
• Experience using ServiceNow for IT Service Management is a plus.
DISA is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- Travel Required No
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA