Cash Application Specialist
10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA Req #626
Sunday, July 18, 2021
Job Title: Cash Application Specialist
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and safety and substance abuse training. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas with over 300 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety for over 25 years and has a strong market presence in the energy and transportation sector. We are IT innovators and developed one of the most advanced platforms to support our clients’ access to data. DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Position Summary: Executes the company’s payment cycle processes including posting payments, as well as, process credit and debit memos. In addition, is responsible for performing the company’s billing cycle responsibilities including entering miscellaneous billing transactions, performing post-billing QA checks and distributing invoices.
• Associate’s degree or two (2) years related experience and/or training
• Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite
• Corporate collections and/or medical collections experience
• Great Plains software experience
• DISAWorks® system experience
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Posts lockbox and direct payments to customer accounts according to procedure
• Processes recurring credit card payments according to procedure
• Identifies insufficient funds checks and processes according to procedure
• Identifies short pays and overpays and works with Director of Finance to resolve according to procedure
• Receives all credit/debit memos and collaborates with client services to resolve issues, finalize all credit/debit memos, and process all approved memos
• Responds to client inquiries regarding open invoices and payments and fax/email invoices and statements per client request
• Maintains payment files (filing check copies and posting report)
• Prepares invoices for mail-out
• Enters miscellaneous billing transactions in DISAWorks®
• Performs post-billing detail quality control on invoices and statements prior to mail-out
• Supports Account Receivable Analysts with detailed research on client issues
• Investigates and processes past-due annual fee accounts as specified by CFO
Nonessential skills and experience:
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Success factors/job competencies:
• Achievement Focus – sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, , recognizes and acts on opportunities, measures self against standards of excellence, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
• Business Ethics – upholds organizational values , inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and works ethically, treats people with respect, and keeps commitments
• Continuous Learning – assesses own strengths and weaknesses, seeks feedback to improve performance, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, and shares expertise with others
• Customer Service – displays courtesy and sensitivity, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, meets commitments, responds promptly to customer needs, and solicits customer feedback to improve service
• Job Knowledge – is competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits the ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays an understanding of how the job relates to others, and uses resources effectively
• Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays a commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality
• Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts the success of the team above one’s own
• Attendance and Punctuality – begins work on time, arrives at meetings and appointments on time, schedules time off in advance, keeps absences within guidelines, and ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
• Quantity – meets productivity standards, completes work in a timely manner, strives to increase productivity, works quickly, and achieves established goals
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
• Annual performance appraisal for non-exempt level
• Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and incumbent
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $17.79
- Max Hiring Rate $20.19
- Travel Required No
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA