Transportation Compliance Specialist (Administrative/Customer Service)
850 Arnele Ave, El Cajon, CA 92020, USA Req #638
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Job Title: Transportation Compliance Specialist (Administrative/Customer Service)
Department: Client Services
Location: El Cajon, CA
Reports to: Area Leader
Position Summary: Provide operational and client support in a variety of areas pertaining to client accounts within the transportation industry. Responds to various inquiries and requests within the framework of established client service policies.
• Aids and assists in the preparation of compliance reports quarterly and annually. May prepare reports requested by clients.
• Maintains integrity of job duties for key personnel while they are out of the office.
• Completed routine Data Entry tasks such as Breath Alcohol Tests, roster updates, company contact and profile updates.
• Prepares notifications to clients regarding random program status and ensures continued communication with clients.
• Assists obtaining missing information for drug test results including chain of custodies and affidavits.
• Monitors and responds to daily emails within various departments: compliance, support, accounting, incoming faxes, background services and supplies.
• May assist with scheduling and providing for new and existing clients on the software platform.
• Receives customer calls and assists Clients with service requests. Responds to incoming phone calls and emails to answer customer questions, respond to inquiries, clarifies procedures, and gives directions.
• May input information, update client notes, retrieve data using multiple data management systems to provide a timely response to the client.
• Customer Service – displays courtesy and sensitivity, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, meets commitments, responds promptly to customer needs, and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
• Maintains a professional demeanor when dealing with others. Meets company performance standards, follows protocol, tracks information, and escalates potential issues.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays a commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback
• Responsible for compliance with Federal and Controlled substance programs meeting Dept of Transportation and client required substance abuse, background screening, and related standards.
• Escalates urgent issues to a Supervisor/Manager or other departments as needed to ensure the highest level of customer service. Performs other duties as needed.
Other functions: N/A
• Frequent use of fingers, hands and wrists
• Primarily a sedentary position
• May wear a headset to aid hearing and speaking with clients
• Periodic standing and walking for less than 1 hour per day
• High school diploma or GED
• Experience working in the transportation industry with responsible administrative duties (random compliance, client setup, software training, DOT safety, industry protocols, etc.)
• Experience working in an office environment
• Experience using MicroSoft Office Suite applications
• Good computer skills to navigate between applications once trained
• Experience utilizing customer service skills while multi-tasking
• Must show initiative and be reliable to work with a high level of independence
• Detail oriented, organized and has the ability to problem solve
• Three (3) years or more of customer service experience
• Some college experience or Associates degree
• Experience dealing with sensitive information
• Bilingual helpful, but not required
Work Hours: In Office, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.50
- Travel Required No
- 850 Arnele Ave, El Cajon, CA 92020, USA