10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA Req #600
Friday, September 10, 2021
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Houston, Tx
Reports To: Financial Reporting Manager
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, and transportation compliance. We have over 700 employees across North America including our Houston, Texas headquarters which houses nearly 300 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety since 1982 and is the leading provider of drug and alcohol testing and background screening in the energy sector. We’re also the fastest growing transportation compliance in the industry! DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence, and our team of IT innovators has developed one of the most advanced platforms in the industry.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Under the supervision of the Financial Reporting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for the day to day management of assigned accounts as a part of the financial reporting process. This responsibility includes daily entries to record accounting activity and monthly reconciliations. Additionally, this role may be required to produce ad hoc reports for management to evaluate the Company’s growth and performance.
Average % of time split among daily duties
Responsible for the monthly financial close, consolidation, reporting and analysis process and ensuring financial reports are delivered timely and financial records are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts including
intercompany accounts. This includes the preparation and organization of the monthly close binders.
Prepare, document, and post journal entries to the G/L and ensure that all entries are reviewed, approved and properly recorded, responsible for the analysis and proper recording of expense accruals e.g. payroll, benefits, vacation, lab, backgrounds, collection, etc.
Handle taxation activities including federal income tax return requirements, franchise tax filings, and property tax filings
Assist with the acquisition’s monthly activity and review reporting packages and record the monthly activity in GP as well as assist with the transitioning into Great Plains
Respond to a range of inquiries regarding financial transactions, which includes researching and resolving problems and assist in annual audit process
• 1+ years of professional accounting or related finance experience
• Thorough understanding of accounting principles
• Experience with ERP systems such as Great Plains, Oracle, SAP, etc.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, MS Word and Power Point)
Required Education: or equivalent years of experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Accounting or related field
CPA/CIA/CMA or working towards such certification
Travel %: <15%
Physical Working Conditions (ADA):
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 15
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA