Test Engineer - South Africa
Have an interest in getting a behind the scenes view of sports betting and iGaming? Gain valuable experience with the exciting tech that goes into iGaming and sports betting as a Test Engineer at GLI. Our team of engineers maintain the integrity of these dynamic platforms, so everyone stays safe and no one gets cheated. The Test Engineer is an entry-level position that works to help protect casino and gambling markets around the world by thoroughly testing products to identify potential problems and defects, optimizing quality, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Another way to look at it is that you are the referee who makes sure each game is played by the rules and all the players are protected.
Who We Are…
We have been in the gaming industry for over 30 years but pride ourselves on looking forward. GLI is on the cutting edge of casino gaming technology and regulation, guiding clients through a dynamic, ever-changing landscape. We offer the stability of a global leader to both our clients and employees around the world.
Why You Should Work Here…
Our many talented employees are the key to our success as a market leader. In addition to competitive salaries and benefits and the opportunity to engage with team members around the globe, we consistently invest in and support employee development so that you can continue to grow and succeed as you reach your full potential.
What You Will Accomplish Here…
A career with GLI opens up new pathways to success. As a worldwide market leader, we offer stability, along with a commitment to fostering your unique talents, allowing you to grow from entry-level to an expert in the field.
The Test Engineer’s main focus will be on the following:
Efficiently Evaluating and Executing Tests by:
- Developing an understanding of technical requirements/regulations
- Developing an understanding of client’s expectations and additional testing requests
- Researching, identifying and applying any special rules or other requirements
- Accurately developing and executing test methods for technical and client requirements
- Effectively documenting test results and discovered defects
- Managing projects and tasks against budgets and timelines
Communicating and Coordinating with Clients by:
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with all assigned customers
- Maintaining an understanding of the customer's needs and market position
- Proactively communicating the status of testing with all relevant internal and external parties
Experience, Education, Skills and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years equivalent experience in engineering, science, math or other technical areas strongly preferred
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or 2+ years of equivalent experience may be considered
- Certification, formal training or experience may also be evaluated and considered in lieu of educational requirements
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Knowledge of C++ or other modern, object-oriented programming language(s) is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively and professionally speak orally and in writing with both internal and external parties
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, correctness and deadlines
- Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation
Gaming Laboratories International (GLI) is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions. If you are requested by GLI to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.
GLI is an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Job Family South Africa
- Pay Type Salary
- Johannesburg, South Africa