Child Welfare Management Consultant Intern - Clark Atlanta University MSW Program
Child Welfare Management Consultant Intern – Clark Atlanta University MSW Program
Public Knowledge is a national management consulting firm that helps government agencies solve tough problems and thrive in complex environments. We do this by providing planning, procurement, and implementation services. Most of our work is in Health and Human Services. You can learn more about us at www.pubknow.com.
This management consultant intern would spearhead research efforts to gather information for large projects and programs and propose creative solutions. This person would collaborate with project managers and team members to support project administration, time management, and budgeting. This internship is primarily supporting our child welfare projects and teams.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Gather information for a project by conducting interviews, surveys, facilitating groups, analyzing client documentation, conducting research of best practice and academic literature, and the application of other information gathering tools.
- Learn and apply the tools and techniques we have for projects.
- Work with project managers to support the administration of projects (ensure staff adhere to standards, organizing the time of other team members, supporting project meetings, and assisting with project financial management).
- Help your team meet project objectives, timelines, and deliverables within budget.
Analysis, Communication, and Consultation
- Using your experience and research results, analyze and organize information identifying root causes of issues, opportunities for improvement, and generate ideas to improve the client situation.
- Based on your analysis, research, and experience participate with your team in the development of recommendations for actions that will improve the client situation.
- Communicate the results of our work (information, analysis, and recommendations) through the participation in the development and delivery of written reports, formal presentations, and oral discussions with your team, and as requested clients and stakeholders.
Firm Knowledge Sharing and Growth
- Freely share your knowledge, skills, and abilities with your peers in the firm.
- Perform firm administrative activities (maintain your resume, record your time accurately).
- Grow your skills and experience by participating in projects and actively pursuing continuing professional education.
- Develop an effective working relationship with clients and colleagues.
Required Education and Other Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current MSW student at Clark Atlanta University
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have experience in bringing focus and organization to ambiguous situations
- Must demonstrate creative and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to new situations
- Must have ability to establish and cultivate strong relationships
- Must have clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Must have demonstrated learning skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness
- Ability to work with colleagues in a virtual environment (via conference calls, web meetings, and using digital collaboration tools such as Zoom and cloud document repository)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work from a home-based office
- Must have the ability to work at a computer for extensive periods of time
- Must have the ability to speak on the telephone for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to read (paper or computer screen) for extended periods of time
- Must have sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other Company equipment
- Must have the ability to be self-driven, work independently and as part of a team
*If you are a Colorado resident, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 732-942-3999 ext. 1436 for assistance
Public Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family USA
- Pay Type Hourly
- Atlanta, GA, USA