Supply Chain Planning Analyst - Avon Ohio
Griffith Foods is a global manufacturer of food products. We provide a wide range of taste and texture components for food industry customers throughout the world. Our products include seasoning blends, dry mixes, coating systems, dough blends, crumbs, flavors, sauces and food bases that are used in an extensive variety of application from snack foods and processed meat and poultry to ready meals. Our customers include food processors, restaurant operators and grocery retailers. While our name may not be familiar to consumers, our products are key components of foods offered by many of the world’s best-known companies.
Location: Avon, Ohio
The Supply Chain Planning Analyst is responsible for developing all aspects related to the production plans for finished goods at the Avon Plant sourced from co-manufacturers. The role will be specifically assigned to the creation of co-manufacturing production plans including coordination of raw material and logistics. This position authors co-manufacturing schedules, monitors production activity, coordinates raw material requirements, and communicates inventory status for co-manufactured items.
The position also serves as a resource in developing production plans internally at the Avon facility, coordinating raw material purchases and logistics support for the Avon site. This role is expected to drive achievement of service level goals for co-manufactured items while balancing operational efficiencies. Strong collaboration with the Avon Shipping, Materials Management and co-manufacturing positions is required. Frequent contact with Customer Service and the company’s 3rd Party Logistics provider is needed to meet the positions objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates a production plan for all co-manufactured finished goods.Participates in the creation of plans for products produced at the Avon site.
- Negotiates line time and logistics requirements to support customer needs for co-manufactured products and coordinates and resolves raw material constraints.
- This role will balance co-manufactured production capacity, lead times, sales forecasts, and inventory requirements. This position will be expected to demonstrate problem solving skills in identifying and solving supply constraints.
- In conjunction with the Materials Manager, directs the purchase of materials to support co-manufacturing activity.
- Develop inventory targets and safety stock at the item level for all co-manufactured materials and actively manages these parameters in the company ERP System.
- Communicate logistical requirements of co-manufactured product with the Company 3rd Party Logistics provider to ensure timely and effective availability of materials.
- Monitor co-manufacturing actual output versus the production plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions. Report on actual yield statistics for co-manufacturing activity.
- In conjunction with R&D, Marketing and Quality facilitate the commercialization of new or revised products produced at Avon or at a co-manufacturing partner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or related major required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a master planning, demand planning or production planning role.
- APICS certification is a plus.
- Must have strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong experience in utilizing ERP software, with Microsoft AX as being preferred.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Custom Culinary Manufacturing Facility, 35311 Avon Commerce PKWY, Avon, Ohio, United States of America