Odyssey International Services, Inc. represents the best in Customs Brokerage, International Freight Forwarding, NVOCC, and IAC services. We offer a full suite of fully integrated services focused entirely upon providing customized and consultative services to our clients, streamlining the shipping experience and reducing the costs of our clients’ supply chain.
The position of Import Specialist will have the primary responsibility to provide excellent customer service to clear and deliver freight. Utilize advanced customer service skills to meet customer requirements/specifications. Prepare and file compliant and accurate Customs/OGA entries. Generate revenue through accurate and complete billing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather, research, and interpret information from a variety of sources to prepare compliant and timely Customs and OGA entries.
- Ensure payments and required documentation are submitted to carriers and Customs in a timely manner.
- Interact with Customs, import carriers, and domestic carriers to arrange for coordinated handling of product from source to delivery.
- Prepare invoice according to negotiated client rate schedules and submit to client with all appropriate charges and back-up documentation.
- Take responsibility for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the transaction.
- Reduce downtime by foreseeing potential problems and troubleshooting existing ones.
- Consult with supervisor immediately when unable to resolve a Customs or customer service issue.
- Maintain complete and accurate files (both hard copy and in the computer, as appropriate) for documentation and compliance purposes.
- Comply with established company standards regarding communications/responsiveness.
- Complete other tasks or duties assigned by supervisor to ensure effective and efficient operation of the department.
- Supports and actively complies with the security duties and responsibilities described in the C-TPAT Security Program document.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 1-2 years of experience as a Brokerage Customer Service Representative preferred.
Normal office environment. Employee travel will be minimal.
Employee must lift and carry up to 30 lbs., sit for extended periods of time classifying documents and keyboarding, stand, walk, reach above head for files, grasp, handle and perform finger operations. Must operate normal office equipment such as phone, computer, fax machine and copy machine.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- St Paul, MN, USA