Odyssey International Services, Inc. represents the best in Customs Brokerage, International Freight Forwarding, NVOCC, and IAC services. We offer a full suite of fully integrated services focused entirely upon providing customized and consultative services to our clients, streamlining the shipping experience and reducing the costs of our clients’ supply chain.
We are seeking a Dispatcher for our site in Kent, WA.
Summary / Primary Role:
The position of Dispatcher will have the primary responsibility to direct and coordinate the pickup and delivery of local/regional marine and rail Intermodal shipments, and local/regional FTL/LTL freight. Coordinate with other OISI departments and OISI warehouses for loading FTL/LCL freight for local delivery, assuring that proper, and matching documentation is processed, prepared, and filed/forwarded. Dispatcher will coordinate resources to maximize efficient utilization of trucks, manpower, and facilities. Dispatcher will process, document, and maintain filing systems (both paper and paperless) to comply with Company Policies, DOT regulations, and USCBP regulations. Dispatcher maintains contact with company staff, drivers, contractors, customers and vendors via phone, fax, websites, apps, and e-mail.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Provide superior customer service to all customers, both internal and external. Seek to increase cooperation and smooth flow of information/documents within and between departments to enhance efficiency in trucking and warehouse operations.
- Dispatch for pickup and delivery of cargo to/from customers, marine terminals, rail terminals, off dock intermodal terminals, and warehouses, or other locations/facilities.
- Monitor Hours of Service of drivers and Independent Contractors to ensure compliance with FMSCA regulations.
- Monitor and use company cargo/shipment databases and a variety of websites for marine terminals, steamship lines, railroads, intermodal industry (eModal & UIIA) and other off dock facilities for availability, booking appointments, finding problems, seeking and developing solutions and using the gathered information to involve others with helping to resolve issues.
- Communicate in a timely manner to internal departments and customers regarding the status of containers, appointments, marine and rail related challenges, detected vessel arrival changes, traffic related impacts and other difficulties.
- Prepare, maintain, and disseminate to subscribing departments a daily dispatch report, which summarizes container status: active dispatch appointments, released and available, “needs attention or action” to become available for appointments.
- Coordinate with Warehouses, Surface Transportation, Customs Brokerage, and International Transportation departments to establish planning and priority for dispatch of available containers to manage upcoming production plans.
- Communicate with customers, sales, and other departments to assemble information necessary to assure that incoming and outgoing shipments are dispatched in a timely and properly documented manner.
- Assure that all shipments are accurately documented and signed for, research cargo status, container release, and location status via phone and e-mail.
- Obtain necessary permits for trips that require them.
- Update company and other appropriate electronic records on a timely and accurate basis.
- Handle routine CFS, DOT, Vendor, and Dispatch documentation production and flow processes.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Keyboarding proficiency using both hands and all fingers accurately.
- Minimum two years’ recent experience dispatching in a truck/marine & rail intermodal environment.
- Must have working proficiency of Customs and Border Protection, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and State of Washington regulations as they pertain to dispatching and carrier compliance.
- Must be customer service focused.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to work with, or quickly adapt to an IBM AS/400 based system.
- Good working competency with chassis provider websites, terminal websites, ocean carrier websites, eModal, and/or UIIA is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing workloads and maintaining proper documentation.
- Must be able to work independently, and closely with an interdepartmental team.
- Requires a high level of attention to detail and data entry accuracy.
- Must support teamwork by participating, cooperating, and communicating with co-workers, Independent Contractors, drivers, customers, and terminal/outside warehouse personnel.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers by providing accurate, courteous, and timely responses to questions or concerns.
Must operate normal office equipment such as a desk phone, mobile phone, computer, fax machine, and copy machine. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Employee must lift 40 lbs. on an occasional basis and less on a more frequent basis. On an occasional basis, employee may be required to stand and/or walk for up to 2 hours at a time and reach above head for storing materials (up to 40 lbs.), grasp, handle, and perform finger operations.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Kent, WA, USA