Surface Transportation Coordinator
Odyssey International Services, Inc. represents the best in Customs Brokerage, International Freight Forwarding, NVOCC, and IAC services. We offer a full suite of fully integrated services focused entirely upon providing customized and consultative services to our clients, streamlining the shipping experience and reducing the costs of our clients’ supply chain.
The Surface Transportation Coordinator will arrange for storage and delivery of goods for multiple clients. This includes daily scheduling and handling of a multitude of shipments ranging in nature. This also includes some quoting as well communicating with the customer and providing solutions to their problems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones and respond to customer emails
- Support the development, implementation, and execution of processes for the department
- Coordinate shipping schedules with customers
- Verifies inventory locations and availability for shipment against requirements specified in purchase orders
- Provide shipment status reports to internal and external customers as required.
- Ensure that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner according to documented processes, including planning the transportation route and payload, selecting the mode of transportation, tendering the order for transportation, and tracking the shipment from pick up through delivery all the while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, service and contractual requirements
- Keeping internal computer systems updated with the most current and accurate information available on every shipment.
- Prepare proper paperwork for billing and authorization of a variety of invoices per defined processes
- Organizes and maintains hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfillment, distribution means, pricing, and contractual obligations
- Re-routes freight as needed to meet demands and minimize costs
- Works with supervisor to effectively resolve order discrepancies that are outside of his or her control
- Answers questions regarding sourcing from internal and external customers as needed
- Assembles load fragments into consolidated loads thus balancing freight savings, service and contractual legal requirements when required
- Special project support as required
- Works closely with carriers to assure efficient and effective execution of defined processes and goods transportation
- Follow up with customers to make sure we are capturing all possible business opportunities as well as areas that may need improvement
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years customer service
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type 30 wpm.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite preferred
- Experience with Military Household goods preferred
Employee must lift up to 30 lbs., sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, reach above head for files, grasp, handle, and perform finger operations. Must operate normal office equipment such as phone, computer, fax machine, and copy machine.
Must be able to work in a high pressure environment in a professional office setting.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Kent, WA, USA