At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
Interdom LLC, Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation's intermodal container division in Palos Heights, IL, is an intermodal marketing company that leverages unique international rail intermodal contracts with all the major class 1 North American rail carriers to enable the rail intermodal transport of ocean containers, ISO tanks, and flexitanks to/from all North American Ports and rail terminals. Our domestic service model is based on relocating empty surplus ocean carrier equipment back to port locations or areas of deficit, enabling us to provide a competitive door to door intermodal service package for our clients.
Interdom LLC is currently seeking Seasonal Operations Support to assist the Operations Department with the rail billing of ramp to ramp moves, from entry to completion. The Operations Support role has overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations for assigned accounts, and is responsible for the management and handling of both empty and loaded domestic shipments from initial tender from customer until final delivery at the destination.
What You Will be Doing:
- Provide transportation and logistics services and operational support for all assigned customer accounts per Company policy, procedure and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Receive and respond to all customer inquiries and complaints via email, and/or phone.
- Maintain regular contact with customers on billing items, freight coverage needs, on-time status, etc.
- Enter shipments into the operating software and manage to completion.
- Arrange for pickup and delivery of rail equipment.
- Maintain regular contact with carriers to ensure service performance requirements of customer are met.
- Responsible for rail billing and working with all railroad and port partners on behalf of customer to correct any issues at origin or destination.
- Perform daily tracing functions, prepare and produce reports to the customer.
- Retrieve and update shipment information onto customer websites as needed and required per account.
- Receive and review HazMat paperwork for compliance and enter in railroad system.
- Prepare and provide reports to internal departments for billing and other operational needs.
· High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
Prior experience with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Palos Heights, IL, USA