Logistics Account Specialist
The mission of the Managed Logistics Services (MLS) business unit of Odyssey Logistics & Technology is to provide value-driven, proactive logistics services using our expertise and technology on a global basis. Our People are the core of our business and support our values of Service Excellence, Innovation, Solutions, and Continuous Improvement.
We are looking for professionals who are dedicated to client success, focused on developing solutions by working collaboratively, accountable for results, and who feel empowered to take initiative and find creative and effective ways to satisfy stakeholders.
With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and can offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent. The MLS business unit is based in Charlotte, NC and has team members across the United States, as well as in Mexico, China, Belgium, Poland, Hong Kong, and Japan.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com.
Odyssey is looking for a Logistics Account Specialist (LAS) to join the Managed Logistics Services (MLS) division. This position will be based on-site at one of our clients in Valparaiso, IN. The individual in this role is responsible for the strategic and tactical operational relationship management of our MLS client ensuring we are meeting or exceeding their operative service requirements. This will be accomplished by meeting our client’s daily service needs and contributing toward long-term process and system improvements for our client and Odyssey. The LAS has transactional shipment management execution responsibilities within Odyssey Logistics & Technology’s proprietary management system(s) and could have responsibility to work within our client’s ERP. The LAS is to proactively manage shipments, securing coverage to meet the shipment requirements of Odyssey’s Managed Logistics Services clients. The LAS is expected to communicate effectively with Logistics Operations personnel, Odyssey clients and carriers, and with other Odyssey personnel and functional areas. The LAS plays a critical operative role with client retention and potential growth opportunities.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Logistics and transportation experience required.
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and after hours, as needed.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of logistics and transportation documents, terminology, and principles is required.
- Strong communication and listening skills, particularly when dealing with a variety of people and situations over the phone and via email.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing tactical situations and exercise sound judgment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
- Ability to present oneself and communicate in a professional, positive, and courteous manner with all clients, vendors, visitors, and other Odyssey personnel.
- Aptitude to maintain timely, complete, and accurate records.
- Skill to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures, or to reschedule activities in response to changing conditions or multiple work demands.
- Portray a performance level that exemplifies a solid and committed work ethic.
- Knowledge of general transportation rules and regulations a plus.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and ability to identify process performance improvements.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Valparaiso, IN, USA