Intermodal Pricing Analyst
Interdom LLC, a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation, is seeking an experienced Intermodal Pricing Analyst to negotiate client-quote requests as well as coordinate and resolve route and rate exceptions to the freight planning process. The Intermodal Pricing Analyst is also responsible for negotiating rail and motor carrier rates and capacity with the respective vendors and will need to be knowledgeable with the various rail carrier rules, motor carrier weight rules, and hazardous material rules.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive requests from existing and potential new customers to establish a new rate.
· Monitor the rate administration group mailbox for current rate requests.
· Contact both rail and motor carriers in real time to establish rates for the given lane requirement.
· Disseminate updates and new rates to the appropriate internal and external customers in real time (shipment planning, master data, contract administration and the client).
· Update and maintain the rail and motor carrier rates, fuel surcharge tables and carrier profiles.
· Send rate/route updates to the Customers.
· Create / maintain customer rate matrices as required by customers for their files.
· Assist Operations with routing errors and assist customers or accounting with rate discrepancies and resolving rail drafts.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
· High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of transportation experience desired or 6 months Interdom LLC experience preferred.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Good desktop computing skills with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Outlook and Excel.
· Proven aptitude to master technology and acquire a high level of proficiency with Interdom LLC’s System.
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Good attention to detail.
· Good organizational skills.
· Team player.
· Service-oriented with attentive and timely reaction to internal and external client issues.
· Highly motivated with ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Palos Heights, IL, USA