Summary / Primary Role:
The Warehouse Lead will oversee the supply chain process while safely performing tasks that are involved in the shipping and receiving process including moving of material by forklift of incoming product. This position will assist in guiding Warehouse Associates and ensuring that safety regulations are met.
- Ensure safe working conditions and adherence to OSHA regulations in performance of all job functions.
- Operate all machinery and tools, including nail gun in a safe manner.
- Operate all assigned forklifts including but not limited to: 55,000 lbs., 52,000 lbs., 36,000 lbs., 15,000 lbs., 8,500 lbs.
- Following company guidelines and procedures for the safe loading and unloading of material.
- Perform proper pre-trip inspection on forklift at the beginning of each shift and be able to change propane tanks as needed.
- Complete all and necessary paperwork and turn into the Shipping/Receiving office.
- Communicate any incidents, accidents, damages, claims, mechanical or material issues to management immediately.
- Wear all proper safety attire and ensure proper personal protective equipment is in good repair and worn in accordance with OSHA regulations and company policy.
- Maintain constant communication with Shipping/Receiving office.
- Participate in training temporary labor
- Keep warehouse floors clean andsafe at all times.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be added to or change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Warehouse experience: 2 years
- Experience in a Warehouse Lead role preferred
- Forklift operation experience required
- Must have ability to operate forklift with capacity up to 55,000 lbs
- Able to plan, oversee and participate in warehouse strategy and planning operations
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Must have ability to multitask
This position operates in a warehouse environment with exposure to airborne particles such as dust, shavings, odor and fumes, temperature, and noise fluctuations, along with varying vibrations levels. This role routinely uses forklifts, along with standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers, fax machines and file cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must have ability for sight, depth, and peripheral vision. Must have ability to perceive the nature of sound at normal speaking levels, with correction, receive detailed information thru oral communication, hear movement and be aware of moving equipment in surroundings. The employee must frequently use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch. The employee is frequently required to reach, sit, stand, walk and lift for long periods of time throughout the day. This position requires the ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 75 lbs. In the course of duties the employee may also need to position oneself to bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, climb and balance.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Kent, WA, USA