The Export Agent will service existing customer base. Assure accuracy and completeness of quotes, services, documentation, and billing for export services. Establish and maintain new export business opportunities from both existing and new customer sources. Acquires necessary documentation and direction in a timely manner to serve customer needs. Arranging and tracking logistic services that assure accurate and timely handling of product by air/ocean carriers and customs, FMC and CFR regulations, IATA and TSA Guidelines. Oversee and monitor the preparation of documents and assures complete/accurate files
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve the customer needs and interact with all contacts, in a customer focused fashion at all times
- Oversee/monitor/assist in the preparation of accurate customs export documents in a timely manner from source documents (checking for accuracy) taking responsibility for completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the transaction.
- Arrange shipping documentation, clearances, shipping mode, delivery, tracking and notification.
- Assure that interaction regarding customs, air carriers, ocean carriers and domestic carriers is coordinated to arrange for handling of product from source to delivery.
- Communicate with exporter to assure that all information is accurate and timely, assuring compliance with requirements.
- Assure that AES are submitted in a timely manner and coordinated with logistic schedules.
- Assure that complete and accurate files for documentation and compliance purposes are maintained.
- Assure that invoices are prepared and submitted with all appropriate charges, back up information/documentation and export package to customer in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer and/or agent inquiries in a timely manner. Provide timely shipment status updates to customer.
- Establish, maintain and capitalize on export business opportunities
- Obtain revenue goals in support of location and organization objectives.
- Make presentations and quotes to prospective and existing accounts to propose rate structure and service options.
- Maintain existing business and secure contact with new sales leads and prospective accounts within geographic territory.
- Document/report all sales contacts, quotations and follow-up interaction with outside sales staff.
- In an accurate and timely fashion, prepare and submit sales activity reports and expense reports.
- Must present self at sales calls, appointments, and all client contacts in professional manner. Employee will dress appropriately in a fashion that reflects the professional image of Odyssey International Services at all company/client related encounters.
- Work as a team member on other department processes and duties as assigned
- Supports and actively complies with the security duties and responsibilities described in the C-TPAT Security Program and IACSSP document which was received and signed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess excellent business, negotiation and leadership abilities with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Employee must have basic user knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Employee must have or achieve through on-the-job training:
- Ocean and air freight industry information
- Carrier selection (ocean, air and domestic)
- Basic knowledge to identify specialized cargo (hazardous, OOG, overweight)
- Inco terms
- NVOCC terminology and methods
- Container specifications
- Export documentation
- Letters of credit and other banking documents
- Legalization requirements
- US Department of Commerce and State Department export licenses
- Other government agency requirements
- World Geography
Employee must lift up to 25 lbs, sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, reach above head for files, grasp, handle, and perform finger operations. Must operate normal office equipment such as phone, computer, fax machine, and copy machine.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- South St. Paul, MN, USA