Data Entry Clerk
Summary / Primary Role:
The Data Entry Technician is responsible for performing data entry of information and to maintain database(s) through computer software, i.e. SAP and Qualcomm. This position is responsible for accuracy, efficiency and retrieval of processed data. The Data Entry Technician will proof material entered as required and generate data reports as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Perform data entry using word processing, spreadsheets or database and formats material as required.
- Review and verifies data entered into SAP database to ensure accuracy.
- Review discrepancies in data received, request clarification or advises supervisor of issues related to data and performs data verification routines in accordance with company procedures.
- Generate and distribute reports; such as Daily Run Reports, Open Order Reports, and other as requested.
- Tracks documents received and completion dates.
- Create processes and train associates to stream line functions.
- Process new orders received via phone, fax, email, and imports.
- Allocate / pack out orders for process.
- Update customer on backorders daily, by sending the automated email notification from order entry.
- Responsible for processing replacement orders for damaged or incorrect merchandise.
- Track and expedite delivery of shipments as necessary.
- Process credit card charges as necessary.
- Proactively follow-up on orders to meet customer requirements.
- Process error reports and invoices for Manager approval.
- Provide support to Inventory Coordinator, Product Coordinator, Shipping and Production departments.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Associate Degree in related field is preferred.
- One year work history in similar role and environment is required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Microsoft Suite is required (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be familiar with SAP software.
- Must be familiar with EDI / Satellite tracking programs (Qualcomm etc.).
- Ability to problem solve independently.
- Good Communication skills, work with customer Operations and IT Departments.
- Good Internal Communicator with Operations and IT Departments.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Kent, WA, USA