At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
Summary / Primary Role:
We are looking for an energetic and passionate candidate that is seeking an opportunity to join our IT team at one of the top 50 logistics companies in the Fife area! The System Administrator is responsible for managing the support of IT systems and applications, working closely between Help Desk resources and the Application engineers to manage comprehensive support for American Fast Freight.
The Systems Administrator position provides leadership and direction for systems administration activities and individuals. Performs administration and provides operational support for corporate systems including hardware and OS system availability, performance tuning, installation, security, and troubleshooting
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- High degree of technical knowledge related to hardware and software is required including Microsoft Azure, Window Operating Systems (2012, 2016, 2019), TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and storage environments.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, ADFS and Group Policy
- Good working knowledge of VMware ESX
- Perform operating system configuration and tuning, hardware break/fix and performance troubleshooting of Dell server hardware
- Daily backups
- Experience with server patching, software distribution and provisioning
- Establishes and maintains user accounts
- Add, delete or change privileges for users in various applications. Investigate and resolve user access issues.
- Installs, upgrades, configures, tests and supports Windows 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Review’s performance and system logs
- Ability to administer enterprise switches and firewalls
- Performs and responds to system monitoring alerts
Qualifications for Technical Support:
- 6+ years of level enterprise experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server (2012, 2016, 2019)
- Active Directory and Azure AD
- Office 365 – Exchange Online, Teams, Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive
- Intune and System Center products
- Group Policy
- 5+ years of experience with scripting (PowerShell and/or Python)
- 5+ years of experience acting as technical subject matter expert (SME) on one or more of the following types of enterprise projects:
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Server upgrade or migration
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership and self-starting skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fife, WA, USA