HR Business Partner
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
The Human Resources Business Partner is an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment. The HRBP will provide regional HR support while strategically partnering with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on team member engagement, retention, and talent acquisition. This individual will also be responsible for building relationships with the employees, site leadership, and corporate HR in order to create an engaged and high-performance culture. This person will play a key role in cultivating culture and making it a best in class workplace!
This position will be located in our Linden, NJ facility.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide employee relations guidance to employees and management by actively responding with sensitivity to the needs of employees and leadership.
- Oversee the day-to-day support of Human Resources for on-site as well as remote facilities in collaboration with corporate HR.
- Drive and implement employee engagement initiatives at your site in conjunction with site leaders and assess the impact of all programs and events.
- Completes the on-boarding functions for new employees including system on-boarding, new employee orientation and necessary coordination of new employee training.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations; assess, communicate, interpret, and administer updated HR policies and procedures.
- Primary contact for employees and management seeking answers and advice on benefits, FMLA, Workers’ Comp, Disability, etc.
- Handle, in collaboration with corporate HR,
- Ensures new hires and terminations are processed and employee data is current and accurate within our HCM system and maintains proper employee files in accordance with policy and law.
- Handles full cycle recruitment for all levels, including but not limited to warehouse, clerical, and IT.
What you need to succeed at Odyssey
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of experience as a HR generalist
- Prior HR experience in transportation preferred
- Proven experience in handling high volume recruitment
- Experience supporting employee relations and strategic HR initiatives; handling sensitive, complex and confidential information
- Experience providing HR support to a remote workforce
- Travel up to 35%, at least once a month for a week.
- Experience building strong partnerships with leadership
- Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing work accordingly and easily adapting to change.
- Excellent communication skills
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- PHR/SHRM certification
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Job Family Administration & Other
- Pay Type Salary
- Linden Bulk Transportation-Trucking & Transportation, 4200 Tremley Point Road, Linden, New Jersey, United States of America