Human Resources Representative - Part Time
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
We are looking for a detail-oriented HR representative to join our team. The responsibilities of the HR representative include guiding employees through the appropriate on and offboarding policies, following up with current employees, assisting the HR manager with administrative tasks, and writing reports.
To be successful as an HR representative, you should have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ultimately, a top-notch HR representative should have strong written and verbal communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
This position will be part-time, about 25 hours a week and will sit in the Kennesaw facility. This is not a remote position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Creating and maintaining accurate employee records and gathering all related documentation and key details.
- Maintaining the HR department's policies and programs.
- Participating in recruitment events, talking to potential hires, and distributing promotional material.
- Posting job openings, reviewing applicants, and conducting interviews with potential hires.
- Perform Onboarding functions for all new employees including employee orientation, new hire paperwork, etc.
- Facilitate out-processing of terminated employees including administering Exit Interview.
- Acts as Corporate HR liaison to disseminate, implement, and administer Human Resources policies, practices and procedures.
- Provides support and guidance with regard to performance issues, disciplinary actions and other sensitive personnel issues.
- Maintaining records of all active job openings and received applications.
- Assisting with audits, compliance reviews, and other mandatory reports, special projects when needed.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 year experience in HR
- Good working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Experience with interview techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Good typing skills.
- Experience with HR software, including Microsoft Office.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Job Family Administration & Other
- Pay Type Hourly
- Capital Transportation Solutions, 1915 Vaughn Road, KENNESAW, Georgia, United States of America