Line Mono Multi-Line Extrusion Operator - 3rd Shift
Performs a variety of established functions to mass produce the world's finest assortments of fishing line which must meet all established criteria and attributes
- Monitors extruders for continuous operation.
- Performs mixing operation.
- Performs set up operations.
- Maintains operational log on all settings and temperatures of ovens and roll stands.
- Removes the full spools and positions empties on take-up.
- Checks lines for roughness, proper test, correct diameter and elongation.
- Monitors proper level wind and tension on all spools.
- Performs die changes, braid changes, color changes and material changes.
- Records all usage of material and makes note of all scrap.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Disassembles and reassembles die packs.
- Maintains safe and orderly workstation.
- Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
- Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing and performs select SAP transactions
- Other duties as assigned
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Qualifications – To perform this job successfully this individual must have a mechanical aptitude. Must be able to follow set recipes and data to produce quality monofilament. Job requires good hand dexterity and coordination. Must support a team style work environment and be a self-starter with a positive attitude. Must be able to work overtime and a 7-day shift operation.
- Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 6–12 months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Physical Ability –Will handle spools and materials weighing from 5 to 50 pounds, and move containers weighing 200# using barrel cart. Ability to work under very warm conditions is essential.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to use good judgment to maximize the most yield possible while maintaining safety.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the leading global provider of fishing
tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu
Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and
Ugly Stik. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant
in 28 languages, Pure Fishing is a leader in outdoor and recreational lifestyle
products designed to exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us
is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends,
time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team
dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have
more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA