Social Media Manager
Manager, Social Media
Angling is more than a hobby, it is a lifestyle shared by millions of Americans that accounts for over $60Bn in consumer spending in the country’s economy. Pure Fishing is the leading player in the fishing tackle segment, having built a strong relationship with consumers through famous brands like Abu Garcia, Penn, Berkley and Shakespeare. Recognizing the importance of nurturing this relationship, Pure Fishing is investing to become a content powerhouse in the angling domain, which presents a unique opportunity for talented communication professionals who seek to join a leading organization in an exciting industry, and grow their careers with the business.
The Manager, Social Media is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of all Pure Fishing social media channels. S/he represents the voice of the brand online, driving awareness, engagement and follower base growth by deploying great content through a results-oriented execution.
The successful Manager, Social Media understands the ever-changing dynamics of social media platforms and creatively leverages that to provide meaningful brand experiences to consumers. S/he knows what audiences seek from their social interactions with lifestyle brands, and goes above and beyond to deliver it. S/he does that from a great business acumen perspective, to ensure activities are cohesively tied to business objectives and proper metrics are in place.
- Be the brand voice in social media. Manage day-to-day operations for multiple channels, including developing copy, scheduling social posts, and moderating / responding to comments. Stay on top of key events (internal and external) to provide timely reaction.
- Significantly grow fan community by identifying and implementing effective organic tactics. Ensure growth is based on highly qualified new followers.
- Increase engagement rates by providing insights for new content that is relevant and differentiated to target audience. Actively participate in the content ideation and digital editorial plan processes. Develop and maintain key analytics to continuously assess content engagement.
- Actively monitor community activity to identify any trends of negative feedback on the brands that would require intervention.
- Engage with sponsored influencers to coordinate activities performed on behalf of PF brands through their channels. Provide brand content and/or guide influencer-produced content.
- Collaborate with Merchandising & Brand Experience in the design/execution of social media campaigns to drive highly qualified traffic to PF’s websites.
- Track the social media activity of multiple selected influencers. Develop analytics / methodology to estimate economic value of individual influencers. Provide recommendation on influencers to sponsor based on activation opportunity and ROI.
- Track the social media activity of multiple selected competitors. Identity brand sentiment, best practices and trends. Incorporate learnings and recommend improvements to the social media strategy.
- Compile a monthly industry social media report for internal distribution. Report is comprised of KPI dashboard on PF brands and competitors, summary of key events and insights.
- Work hand in hand with content strategy team to build and execute social specific content and campaigns to support company’s key initiatives
What Will You Need?
- BA degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience in developing and executing social media and content marketing programs.
- Proven record of executing successful brand campaigns with influencers.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the shifting social media landscape (trends, platform updates, etc.).
- Strong copywriting and storytelling skills.
- Ability to see content through quantitative lenses.
- Comfortable managing multiple threads of work simultaneously. Strong project planning, tracking & organizing skills.
- Ability to frame up ideas economically / translate them into business outcomes.
- Great attention to detail, balanced with swift execution.
- Experience with social media analytics and tracking tools / service providers.
- Strong interest in outdoors / angling domain.
- Continually strives to improve standards and welcomes open dialog / feedback.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Proven record of substantially growing follower base while sustaining / improving engagement.
- Experience with a lifestyle brand.
- Relationship / network with outdoor personalities.
- Job Family Sales and Marketing
- Job Function Ecommerce
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbia, SC, USA