The Manufacturing Engineer provides support for manufacturing operations. Performs a variety of process and industrial engineering responsibilities focused on improving the product & productivity of the manufacturing operations. Provides leadership for new product launches by supporting the manufacturing portion of the development process. They will collaborate with other engineers and operations personnel to implement standard operating procedures; and will provide support and technical trouble shooting of manufactured components and final product. Leads continuous improvement activities for existing processes to achieve improved efficiency, capacity utilization, product quality, and coworker safety. Is part of the operations team supporting day to day manufacturing activity.
1. Supports manufacturing team in delivery of product and maintaining quality throughout manufacturing process.
2. Works with team thru the new product development process by providing preliminary cost estimates of new products, participating in pre-production trial runs to establish process parameters, routings and bills of material. Recommends changes to process and product specifications based on manufacturability observed in the trial runs.
3. Designs efficient manufacturing processes following lean principles for new product launches. Studies existing capacity and capabilities to specify the appropriate new equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment for new products.
4. Develops process flow, equipment/process layouts, and capital requirements for products and improvements.
5. Works with team to specify, procure, and set-up new or modified equipment and manufacturing processes.
6. Supports the process teams in developing and implementing standardized work procedures.
7. Leads and/or participates in process team kaizen activities needed to meet or exceed the stated metrics for their functional areas of responsibility.
8. Leads capital projects related to production floor improvements in productivity, capacity, quality, or safety.
9. Reviews and updates labor and machine routings by completing time studies, monitoring work, and reviewing production data. Ensures SAP routings and work centers are accurate.
10. Utilize quality tools to assess process capability and variability. Applies process controls to limit variability.
11. Design and/or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment.
12.Conducts problem solving analyses on production or quality related problems to identify root cause. Identifies and implements countermeasures that prevent future recurrence of problem.
1. A minimum of three (5) years prior related experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacuting, Industrial, or
Mechanical Engineering or other engineering discipline
1. Lean manufacturing experience in high volume production environment
2. Previous experience with the machining of metals.
3. Proficient user of the following software: MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and AutoCAD
4. SAP experience a plus
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Salary
- Philadelphia, PA, USA