Sr. Production Planner
Pure Fishing is seeking to hire a Senior Production Planner who will be responsible for leading the overall production planning process for Spirit Lake Operations. This candidate will initiate and maintain the Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) system to ensure the timely release of MPS to support an efficient build plan. He/She will utilize advanced statistical modeling tools and use historical sales trends to forecast accurate inventory targets and allocation plans to ensure customer requirements are being met. This role will lead the generation of large scale and complex plans that are essential to the efficiency of the overall production operation. A successful candidate in this role can blend quantitative research and qualitative analysis to plan factory production to meet demand. They are also proficient in recognizing gaps in materials, WIP and/or logistics that hinder the plan and seek to resolve them with the appropriate partner organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/SKILLS:
- Review MRP forecast and develop monthly/weekly build plans consistent with the business objectives. Assist in capacity planning of manufacturing from S&OP.
- Provide Operations team with Master Production Schedule and maintain schedules by product line.
- Analyze mid to long term capacity constraints and provide recommendations to proactively resolve constraints; quantify business unit decisions as it relates to inventory goals and budgets.
- Must be able to create and implement inventory targets and allocation strategies to maximize inventory levels and turns. Proven track record in inventory reduction techniques required.
- Act as a liaison between the demand and supply sides of the business and communicate early warning critical material shortages preventing on time shipment.
- Able to lead the integration of innovative solutions and facilitates improvements in managing demand forecast and inventory strategies for multiple product lines. Initiate appropriate corrective action measures as required.
- Knowledge of multi-level bills of material structuring required.
- Must have proven ability to manage large scale and complex projects with experience in leading cross functional projects.
- Advanced software skills in ERP/MRP forecasting systems. Preferable SAP.
- Experience with Manufacturing Job order generation, release, and maintenance.
- Ability to create Standard Operating procedures (SOP).
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office products required. In particular, Excel pivot tables and VLOOKUPS.
- Track weekly production output to build plan and report as required and report and communicate on time delivery to product line
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to efficiently use a personal computer and related software.
- Strong budgetary and goal setting skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a quantitative focus, or degree in Operations Management, Engineering/Mathematics.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in forecasting, demand/inventory planning and supply chain management in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing implementations and the use of Kanbans.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office and SAP strongly desired. Knowledge of ERP systems required.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to conduct complex data analysis.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, must be a self-starter with a desire to excel.
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Salary
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA