Forklift/Tugger Driver Weekend Shift
Maximize production effectiveness and customer service through the timely presentation of materials to the work cells and removal of finished goods for placement in distribution. Maintain the inventory accuracy in the Supermarket through the cycle count, receiving and material movement processes.
1. Transport materials from the supermarket to the work cell as part of a standard route. Pick up kanban tags and replenish material to the point of use.
2. Demonstrates a passion for customer service and ensuring that operators and production lines have only the necessary, yet sufficient materials at the point of use.
3. Remove finished goods from the production line as part of a standard route, transport to the warehouse and put product away in identified location, and checking for accuracy on TO and count.
4. Perform necessary goods movement transactions. Correct transaction errors as necessary.
5. Unload incoming trucks and handle all SAP functions from arrival to put-a-way (creating TO's, etc.), including the sorting of UPS/FedEx deliveries.
6. Execute and maintain cycle counting process of raw material and WIP as defined by individual SAP roles/authorization.
7. Validates the accuracy of packing slips/bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records to purchase orders. Notifies and works with buyer on any variances.
8. Maintains appropriate records, files, documentation, etc.
9. Supports Subcontract Assembly-Receiving Supervisor with special requirements as needed.
10. Monitor inventory accuracy and kanban process through aisle maintenance program.
11. Maintain organization of materials which includes combining of products with another location on the floor and updating bin and storage locations in the material master.
12. Operate and perform daily inspections on material handling equipment such as hand trucks, forklift, and other powered or unpowered equipment.
13. Ensure adherence to all SOP/S-Ox policies and procedures related to inventory and material movement.
14. Responsible for sending out recycle boxes to customers and mailroom sorting.
15. Practice 5S principles to assure a safe and productive work environment
16. Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to drive improvements to safety, cost, quality, productivity and delivery.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. A High School Diploma or GED required.
2. Minimum of 1 year material handling and inventory control experience preferred.
3. Previous powered industrial truck experience preferred.
4. Previous experience in a Lean manufacturing environment preferred.
1. Exhibit team cooperative spirit through assistance to others and knowledge sharing
2. Must be able to move product and materials, and operate material handling equipment.
3. Will need to obtain an internal license for the operation of a powered industrial truck.
4. Must demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Must have history of regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others.
6. Ability to use good judgment when handling material.
7. Mathematical Skills – Must have ability to perform basic mathematic functions. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations using the units of weight measurements.
Physical ability – While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time. The team member is required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual dexterity by using hands to handle material and parts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The team member is required to use hands to operate a computer and RF equipment. Ability to perform duties of moderate physical demand, however, may be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
Reasoning Ability – Must have ability to understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. The ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations, finding alternative solutions and determining the best solution based on business priority.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA