Mfg Engineering Controls & Automation Engineer-Contrat
Provide information and direction for the installation, maintenance, and integration of process controls equipment within the facility. Oversee and coordinate control system projects and assignments in support of site operations. Including but not limited to, participate in the selection of new control system equipment and instrumentation for capital projects. Specify, design and install process control systems in support of manufacturing operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Design & Program control systems for new and existing production & facilities processes and systems
Provide on-site production support to production
teams for design, initial start-up, and continuos improvement projects.
3. Provides immedieate technical support to trouble shoot controls issues on large scale production equipment and processes.
4. Analyzing and recommending improvement to manufacturing processes, to improve capacity, reduce labor, increase uptime, through the use of automation.
5. Perform programming changes required to maintain and improve manufacturing processes.
6. Communicate production problems with management and attend appropriate meetings as necessary to help solve production issues or conditions that limit the efficient use of machines and tools.
7. Provide Mechanical design support as required, for new automation process & existing equipment.
Controls design, itegration, and trouble shooting, familiar with Allen Bradley, Omron PLCs, ControlLogix, MicroLogix, AB Panelview plus HMIs, AB VFDs, fieldbus networks, Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, AutoCAD, Industrial Equipment Design, Industrial Equipment Troubleshooting, Electrical Panel Design & Building.
1. 4-year degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science Engineering is preferred, but not required, must demonstrate field releated experience, or technical training certification.
2. 5+ years engineering experience
supporting, commissioning and troubleshooting PLC/PC industrial control systems (Siemens, Rockwell
Systems/Allen Bradley) and their industrial networks (DeviceNet, Profibus, Ethernet I/O)
3. Experience with process controls equipment including PLCs, HMI’s, SCADA systems, SQL relational database systems.
4. Problem solving and communication skills
5. Analytical and mechanical skills
- Job Family Engineering and Design
- Job Function R&D
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA