KC Warehouse - Distribution Manager 2nd Shift
Kansas City, MO, USA Req #222
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Plans and directs all Kansas City shipping/receiving functions.
- Develops and assures adherence to the leadership focus metrics and values of Pure Fishing and those of the Operations Team and ensures adherence to company policies. (Daily)
- Develops the departments and their coworkers by using the continuous improvement process, education, and by keeping abreast of new developments and tools within the industry. (Daily)
- Develops organizational efficiencies and opportunities by leading/participating with cross-functional teams. (As Needed)
- Manages the movement of finished products and raw materials within, to, and from the organization’s facilities, including but not limited to: shipping and receiving, inventory management, warehousing, etc. in cooperation with the Operations Manager (Daily)
- Establishes, implements, and monitors compliance with departmental budgets and policies for the Kansas City DC operations. (Monthly)
- Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; schedules and approves overtime; takes disciplinary action, as necessary; etc. (As needed)
- Develops measurements with which to monitor the performance of the department and the employees in meeting the needs of the company and the customers. (Weekly)
- Develops and implements assimilation plans within DC when acquisitions occur. (As Needed)
- Assists in developing the company's Logistics policy between Pure Fishing and our customers. (Weekly)
- Participates in all safety meetings, investigations, and policy development in the DC. (as needed)
- A minimum of 2 years of leadership experience in developing a sustainable DC operation/infrastructure including systems, process, procedures, and an integrated team.
- Experience with SAP WMS or similar WMS system required. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in business management preferred.
- Working knowledge of DC operations and alternative distribution methods.
- Expected to understand costing, performance measurement, and impacts on inventory control.
Pure Fishing is THE global leader in the fishing tackle industry, with a portfolio of iconic brands that includes Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, and Ugly Stik. Our team of industry-leading experts and our global network of operations and innovation hubs produce world-class products designed to delight our customers and exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends, time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Salary
- Kansas City, MO, USA