The Mechanical Engineer provides support for manufacturing operations including, but not limited to, the design, development, and integration of new and existing equipment. The incumbent works within a multi-discipline team to develop coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production including selection of manufacturing equipment, fabrication, and operation of product designs. They will collaborate with other engineers and operations personnel to implement standard operating procedures; participate in continuous improvement activities for existing processes to improve efficiency, capacity utilization, product quality, and safety; and will provide manufacturing support and technical trouble shooting with manufacturing equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide mechanical design support as required, for manufacturing processes and equipment.
· Supports new product development processes by providing technical support and performing manufacturing trials.
· Create, read and interpret 3-D models, blueprints, technical drawings and schematics.
· Participates in process team kaizen events to improve or establish production metrics.
· Provide on-site production support to operations teams for design, initial start-up, and continuous improvement projects.
· Provides immediate technical support to troubleshoot large scale production equipment and processes.
· Collaborate with suppliers to assure capabilities, processes and procedures are up to date and able to satisfy demand.
· Analysis and recommendation of improvements to manufacturing processes, to improve capacity, reduce labor, increase uptime, and efficiency.
· Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
· Communicate production problems with management and attend appropriate meetings as necessary to help solve production issues or conditions that limit the efficient use of machines and tools.
· Any other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering OR demonstrated field
related experience OR Technical Training Certification.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Engineering experience supporting design, development, and installation of manufacturing equipment required.
- Prior manufacturing experience required.
- Strong proficiency with CAD including 2D and 3D modeling, Auto CAD, Pro-E, Solid Works, or similar 3D modeling software required.
- Demonstrated mechanical knowledge and aptitude with hydraulics, pumps, systems, pneumatics, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with the installation of manufacturing equipment required.
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Four (4) or more years of Engineering experience supporting design, development, and installation of
manufacturing equipment preferred.
· Experience with process controls equipment including PLCs, HMI’s, SCADA systems, SQL, and relational database systems preferred.
· Experience with MS Project, Pro-E, and SAP preferred.
· Experience with Extruder machines such as Davis Standard highly preferred
· Experience with Injection Molding machines such as Sumitomo or Cincinnati Milacron highly preferred.
Experience with industrial packaging equipment and processes preferred.
Must have tooling experience.
· Technical Knowledge:
Strong understanding of mechanical engineering relating to the manufacture and assembly of quality sporting products:
o Manufacturing Processes – Understanding of LEAN manufacturing principles as applied in a high volume production environment.
o Technology Skills – Strong ability to interpret documents such as engineering drawings, product specifications, quality plans, test requests, reports, etc.
- Job Family Engineering and Design
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA