Fishing Line Operator - Weekend
Work 36 hours get paid for 40
Set-up, adjust and operate multiple spoolers to efficiently produce good quality fishing line.
· Tends spoolers for continuous operation.
- Performs setup operation.
- Determines which spooler to use for existing orders
- Adjust level wind when needed.
- Dispense spools into hopper loader.
- Checks supply spool, for correct line after each line change.
- Positions supply spools on tubs.
- Checks for proper weights for each size run.
- Returns empty supply spools to pallets.
- Maintain proper speeds on the elevators.
- Enters completed data in computer.
- Stages product for final step in process.
- Must be able to use Object List to determine what materials to use.
- Maintains an organized and clean work area.
- Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
- Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualifications – To perform this job successfully an individual must be somewhat mechanically inclined. They must be able to follow directions and make minor decisions with information such as attributes that are sometimes provided.
- Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or1–3 months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense. Understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add and subtract tw digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations using units of weight measurement.
- Physical Ability – Light lifting, must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA