KC Warehouse - Distribution Lead, Planning & Control
Provides and models positive Big 4 behavior, performance, leadership, team development and continuous improvement to safely, accurately and efficiently deliver on-time-in-full completion of receipts, shipments and deliveries. Owns and is responsible for effective and efficiently leading, communicating, coaching, and motivating, individuals for the planning and control team. Efficiently drives production by leading planning and control initiatives through infor and other related systems. Assists leadership to ensure safe, productive, efficient, timely, and accurate performance while actively contributing to providing a safe, fun environment. Owns and is responsible actively contributing to and/or implementing projects that drive world-class safety, quality efficiency and utilization performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely, accurately, and efficiently directs and executes day-to-day work assignments for multiple teams to deliver on-time-in-full results and meet and exceed department objectives, consistent with team needs and schedules. (daily)
- Actively coaches, engages and monitors to achieve positive results in safety, quality and performance metrics. (daily)
- Leads, motivates, coaches, communicates, and mentors coworkers, potentially across more than one shift. Effectively performs as backup to Supervisor. (daily)
- Performs core process duties including leading the of slotting new s, re-slotting of current skus, prioritizing replenishment, assisting Planning and Control leader in determining where to flex labor (inbound, put away, replenish, shipping), etc. (daily)
- Supporting IT and operations in system testing, configuration, and deployments.
- Safely, accurately, and efficiently engages, supports and executes day-to-day work assignments consistent with team needs and schedules. (daily)
- Plans and directs teams and projects to drive continuous improvement. (daily)
- Develops and supports consistent training to efficiently drive processes and exceed goals. (weekly)
- Serves as a resource to others and assists leadership and other coworkers as needed for resolution of problems and issues.
- Safely, effectively and efficiently performs any other duties as assigned, in accordance with established safety, quality and efficiency procedures and standards.
- Takes initiative to effectively perform duties and tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity, with little supervision.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in leading high-performance teams in a DC environment to improve process, drive quality, and improve fiscal performance.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to help develop and sustain a strong positive team.
- MS Office experience.
- SAP/Infor experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain Forklift License
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, May 3, 2021
- Kansas City, MO, USA