Machine Operator 2nd shift
Do you love challenging, hands-on work that lets you learn about, operate, and
maintain machines? Do you enjoy active work in a fast-paced environment with a
focus on quality? If so, we think our team would be a great fit for you! In the
position of machine operator, you will have the opportunity to gain experience
with a diverse array of machines and become part of a knowledgeable and
The Machine operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to operate and monitor production output. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to ensure quality and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain productivity and specifications.
- Learn, understand, and follow company requirements for employee safety, product quality and productivity.
- Loads and unloads material into machines and holding fixtures for processing.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams.
· Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion, meeting productivity goals.
- Completes secondary hand finishing where required.
- Checks finished components with a variety of micrometers, calibers, and gauges for quality conformance and documents results.
- Communicates clearly with teammates and supervisors regarding all aspects of the job.
- Report’s problems that arise with machines, materials, or personnel.
- Keeps workspace clean and organized to maximize safety and productivity.
- Inspects equipment, performs routine preventive maintenance.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- Strong commitment and ability to follow safety rules and procedures.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, and lift or push weights up to 50 pounds.
- Flexibility in terms of shift scheduling, including scheduling for overtime and holiday shifts.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Requires accuracy and attention to detail.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- Philadelphia, PA, USA