Molder Operator - Weekend Shift
Operates molders for Soft Bait Molding and Gulp! Molding as
coverage for vacation and absenteeism.
Performs repetitive line assembly operations to mass-produce packaged
baits. Maintains and keeps pace lines
operating efficiently and producing good quality packaged baits. This job is team oriented and each packager
is responsible for the team output.
- Counts and places soft baits onto a pace line or into a consumer package
- Inspects baits for obvious defects
- Works at different work stations as production requires
- Stages bulk bait product and maintains production order records on a rotational basis as the Star Person.
- Places packages into bulk warehouse boxes
- Confirms production at department computer stations as the setup person
- Makes routine adjustments to printers, labelers, box makers/sealers and pace line speed
- Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques
- Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing
- Operates molders in Soft Bait Molding and Gulp Molding as needed
- Performs minor molding machine adjustments
- Effectively communicates with molding Technicians regarding machine operation
- Other duties as assigned
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- To perform this job successfully an individual must have good manual dexterity. They must be able to follow directions and make minor decisions with information on production orders and attributes.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide.
- Light lifting up to 25 pounds. Must not be colorblind
- Ability to apply common sense, understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables under standardized situations.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and Ugly Stik. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant in 28 languages, Pure Fishing is a leader in outdoor and recreational lifestyle products designed to exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends, time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Job Function Supply Chain
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA