Bait Technician - 2nd Shift
Under the direction of the bait management team, oversees
the safety, efficiency, and quality related aspects of the Gulp! Molding
Department. Safely performs the essential functions of the job necessary to
produce molded Gulp! bait. Assists
management with the day-to-day coordination of work/scheduling and the
distribution of job assignments. Serves
as an hourly leader, coworker trainer and problem solver. Performs machine set-ups, maintains and
conducts preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Operates, performs set-ups, troubleshoots and repairs machines and equipment to ensure safety, product quality and efficiency.
- Performs preventative maintenance functions and trains other coworkers as well.
- Trains coworkers to safely and effectively operate and PM equipment.
- Makes routine adjustments to equipment.
- Ensures products produced meet or exceed quality standards.
- Maintains production records and worksheets.
- Performs product and equipment testing.
- Practices, promotes and ensures safe workplace behavior, effective machine guarding, and acceptable housekeeping.
- Supports and reinforces Company Policy and established protocol.
- Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques, and within the QMS for Pure Fishing.
- Other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Able to manage multiple priorities. Must be capable of working under minimal supervision and manage multiple priorities to meet demanding timelines. Must have effective communication and leadership skills, work well with others in a team environment and demonstrate mechanical competencies to effectively troubleshoot machines or equipment. Demonstrate effective discretionary judgment and ability to make minor process decisions associated with safety, efficiency, crewing assignments, correlation of specifications to product quality, etc.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 6-12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide.
- Medium/heavy lifting - must be able to lift up to 60 pounds occasionally. Must also be capable of reaching overhead to set up/PM machines and/or remove baits from molders while working in a cool environment. Capable of working inside freezer on an intermittent basis.
- Ability to apply common sense and to understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to apply rational thought and organization or problem solving to problems involving multiple variables.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is the leading global provider of fishing
tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu
Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Penn, Pflueger, Shakespeare, SpiderWire, Stren, and
Ugly Stik. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant
in 28 languages, Pure Fishing is a leader in outdoor and recreational lifestyle
products designed to exceed the needs of anglers worldwide. But fishing to us
is not just about business, it is about time shared with family and friends,
time on the water, excitement and the environment. We are a passionate team
dedicated to creating memorable experiences by helping anglers everywhere have
more fun catching more fish.
- Job Family Manufacturing and Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1900 18th St, Spirit Lake, IA 51360, USA