Business Development Manager, Environmental Compliance Solutions
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
Sphera is a portfolio company of Blackstone, a U.S.-based alternative asset investment company that focuses on private equity, technology and innovation, and more. Blackstone businesses succeed through strong partnerships, a personalized approach and a commitment to exceptional performance with uncompromising integrity. Sphera and Blackstone are leaders in the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) space.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of around 1000 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
The EC4P web platform (www.EC4P.com) guarantees compliance with recycling regulations for WEEE (e-waste), Batteries and Packaging in countries across the world. EC4P won a 2021 Environmental Leader Product of the Year Award for providing our members with ESG Metrics dashboard which details the total weights and units the company has accounted for the recycling of using EC4P. In 2020, EC4P helped its members account for the recycling of 7,752,070 articles of electronics, batteries and packaging with a combined total weight of 14,919 tonnes and processed 3,133 compliance data and recycling fee payment submissions through its globally available managed recycling compliance services.
The BOMcheck web platform manages hazardous substances in products and is used by over 13,000 companies (including Philips, Siemens, GE, Osram, Agfa, Hitachi and many other global OEMs) to manage compliance declarations for millions of products. BOMcheck saves time and cost for suppliers and manufacturers by keeping up-to-date with the strictest regulation for each relevant substance and providing tools, training, and chemicals guidance to help suppliers create and share standardized, high quality declarations.
The Business Development Manager will assist the company to drive revenue expansion, client retention and referrals by building deep and broad relationships within existing strategic accounts and new targeted accounts. The Business Development Manager will maintain a deals pipeline of qualified, active early stage opportunities that he/she is nurturing and managing to close.
The Business Development Manager will engage with existing strategic accounts and new targeted accounts to:
- Fully comprehend the Sphera Compliance unique value propositions for our EC4P and BOMcheck web platforms
- Deliver web presentations and product demonstrations to customers
- Assist the company to achieve growth and retention targets
- Generate new leads and opportunities from existing audience, from lead nurture through to developing and delivering sales campaigns
- Develop client relationships with a particular focus on upsell and cross-sell
- Accountable for driving revenue growth
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A minimum of 2+ years of successful experience in Sales, Account Management, Business Development or similar roles at a technology company
- Demonstrated success in managing existing strategic accounts with demonstrated revenue growth through cross-selling and upselling
- Strong hunting skills (includes sales campaigns, webinars, conferences) with demonstrated success in acquiring new target accounts
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Will demonstrate a desire to function as an entrepreneur within Sphera, and will not rely on large staffs to support their efforts
- Science, technology, engineering, law or other technical degree, 2(i) or above
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong IT skills and a willingness to learn
Preferred additional qualifications:
- Experience with HubSpot or similar CRM
- Experience serving clients in Manufacturing industries
- Experience in Compliance Management
- Job Family Marketing: Product Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Neston, Corsham SN13 9TZ, UK