Sr. Dev Ops Engineer
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
Sphera is a portfolio company of Blackstone, a U.S.-based alternative asset investment company that focuses on private equity, technology and innovation, and more. Blackstone businesses succeed through strong partnerships, a personalized approach and a commitment to exceptional performance with uncompromising integrity. Sphera and Blackstone are leaders in the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) space.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of around 1000 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
We’re looking for bright minds with great communication skills and a knack for solving complex problems. What you know today is only a foundation to support what will be needed for tomorrow, so your ability to learn and apply new technologies and techniques quickly is imperative. You must be a self-starter, team focused, and driven to consistently improve the environments you support.
You’ll be part of a global team supporting multiple SaaS environments that help make the world a safer place. We use Azure as our core, but host on multiple platforms due to specific needs and our rapid pace of development and acquisition. The environment is rapidly changing from IaaS to PaaS to server less. So you’ll need to both apply your current skillsets and learn new things on a daily basis to push the business forward. While you’ll ultimately need a diversity of expert level skills to succeed, having deep understanding and experience in just a couple of areas (monitoring, scripting, automation tools, etc) may just get you in the door to a great career.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple disciplines
- Solid foundation in either IT or Software Engineering
- Big Data Operational Experience: Kafka, Zookeeper, HIVE and Hadoop
- Operational Experience: LAMP Stack
- Operational Experience: MySQL
- Cloud-based networking (VNets, App gateways, etc)
- Azure DevOps
- System or Network Engineering
- Monitoring (New Relic, LogEntries, Rapid7, etc)
- PaaS (WebApps, Azure SQL, etc)
- Git, Jenkins, Octopus, ARM, Ansible, Azure CLI or similar
- Strong understanding of CI/CD
- Exposure to Azure, AWS, or GC. Azure preferred.
- Job Family PDD: Development Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Work Location Seasonal
- United Kingdom