Sr Technical Implementation Consultant - C#
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
Sphera is a portfolio company of Blackstone, a U.S.-based alternative asset investment company that focuses on private equity, technology and innovation, and more. Blackstone businesses succeed through strong partnerships, a personalized approach and a commitment to exceptional performance with uncompromising integrity. Sphera and Blackstone are leaders in the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) space.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of around 1000 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
Sphera’s Professional Service team has an exciting new opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Senior Technical Implementation Consultant to support the Professional Service team with the installation, configuration, set-up and on-going maintenance of Sphera’s PCS solution as well as custom development. You will assist with the deployment and maintenance of various PCS implementation projects and you will have an exceptional drive and a keen willingness to learn. The role involves liaising between the Sphera project management and technical specialists, technical users and end users. You will be expected to update all the Sphera stakeholders regarding technical activities on a regular basis. You will report directly to the Sphera technical Manager, and interact with other Professional Services team members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain custom software as well as standardized interfacing tools (C#, desktop and web development) based on design specifications or user stories.
- Assist Sphera technical specialists and data processing professionals, and technical users in application system installation, configuration and maintenance including system upgrades and updates.
- Ensure that the targeted IT infrastructure aligns with system requirements for the PCS solution to be deployed.
- Assist in performing such tasks as maintaining and updating PCS solution components, and associated installation documentation and application/system libraries.
- Act as a point of contact in a "hot-line" situation by accepting calls/trouble tickets, logging issues (tickets), attempting to resolve simple problems and following established procedures for more difficult problems.
- Tracks system / PCS deployment change requests.
- Maintain and update relevant PCS deployment information in a manual and/or electronic files. PCS deployment information would include such things as PCS deployment change activity schedule and history, issue tracking, status reports, and correspondence.
- Communicates with Sphera Project management and technical specialists, and technical users on administrative matters related to the PCS deployment solutions to which he/she has been assigned.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field, from a recognized academic institution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of individuals / disciplines.
- Knowledge of and experience with tools and techniques for System administration (Windows Server and Windows Workstation), application system installation, configuration and administration.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft environment including Remote Desktop Services/Citrix XenApp; computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and a CRM system would be an asset.
- Strong demonstrated Programming skills/experience with Visual Studio C# (desktop and webservices). Delphi and VB6 are an asset.
- Database experience (including latest Oracle & MS SQL):
- Strong SQL Queries Experience.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional role, within a highly demanding environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to organize work around several concurrent projects.
- Must be flexible and willing to perform other duties as required.
- Knowledge/experience with Lice Cycle Assessment (LCA) is an asset.
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years professional work experience as a developer/implementation specialist.
- Job Family Marketing: Product Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Stuttgart, Germany
- United Kingdom