Rules Analyst - VB.Net Developer/ C#
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
Sphera is a portfolio company of Blackstone, a U.S.-based alternative asset investment company that focuses on private equity, technology and innovation, and more. Blackstone businesses succeed through strong partnerships, a personalized approach and a commitment to exceptional performance with uncompromising integrity. Sphera and Blackstone are leaders in the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) space.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of around 1000 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
Join our dynamic team of specialists who help our clients automate the ever-changing world of hazard communication regulations, like WHMIS or GHS, into our enterprise software solution. We are hiring a Rules Developer to join our project team. You will work alongside other analysts and report directly to the rule team manager. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, coding the requirements, and performing some user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users. The “rules” automate the production of safety data sheets (SDS), labels, and other results required for compliance with regulations related to hazardous materials around the world.
- Coding the business and regulatory processes identified, using OOP concepts in VB.Net
- Evaluating business processes involved in the EH&S (Environment, Health & Safety) field, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business/regulatory processes and developing optimization strategies.
- In partnership with regulatory analysts, performing requirements analysis.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Working closely with our internal regulatory team, clients, and managerial staff.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with VB.Net or C#
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Fluent working knowledge (spoken and written) of English.
- French and any other languages are an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of OOP concepts.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of (bio)chemistry, (eco)toxicology or other aspects related to chemical hazards a plus.
- Job Family Marketing: Product Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- United States