Life Cycle Assessment Consultant
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
Sphera is a portfolio company of Blackstone, a U.S.-based alternative asset investment company that focuses on private equity, technology and innovation, and more. Blackstone businesses succeed through strong partnerships, a personalized approach and a commitment to exceptional performance with uncompromising integrity. Sphera and Blackstone are leaders in the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) space.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of around 1000 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
We are seeking a talented, motivated and passionate environmental sustainability individual to join our Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) team. The primary function of this role is to conduct and manage projects on a variety of challenging assignments related to environmental Life Cycle Assessment modeling and reporting, with particular focus on the chemical and oil and gas industries.
What you will do:
You will help our clients create more sustainable products and operate more sustainably! The focus of your work will be to assist clients with product and corporate sustainability measurement and reporting. This may take the form of Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) using our GaBi software, preparing Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) based results, and assisting with other sustainability-oriented projects. Activities will also involve direct project management interaction with clients.
Your day-to-day activities may include:
- Managing multiple concurrent consulting projects addressing Life Cycle Assessment, product sustainability strategy, and/or corporate sustainability strategy.
- Creating life cycle assessment models of a product or service in our GaBi software,
- Analysis of manufacturing process data and developing life cycle inventories,
- Writing ISO 14040/44 compliant reports documenting your project work,
- Working with Excel (or other data formats) to manipulate data and data structures
- Performing analysis on energy, water, waste, and emissions
- Preparing and presenting project results in PowerPoint or other formats,
- Ensuring your projects adhere to scope, schedule, budget, and quality, and
- Working together with Sphera team members across different specialties and regions.
- Travel will be required as necessary on a project-by-project basis (up to 20% of time, primarily US, Canada, and Europe)
- A positive “can-do” attitude;
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in engineering, science, or related field
- Knowledge and passion for sustainability, environmental systems, life cycle thinking, product sustainability, and/or climate change.
- Experience managing small to medium team projects.
- Interest in and familiarity with GRI, CDP, DJSI, B-Corp and other corporate sustainability standards a plus.
- Strong quantitative or technical background with an excellent aptitude for analytical thinking. Natural curiosity to investigate issues, conduct research, design solutions and translate results into business practices.
- Aptitude for learning new software—ideally will have some basic programming experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate issues, give presentations, and prepare formal written reports.
- Self-motivated and organized; able to simultaneously work on multiple assignments and to work both independently as well as on teams.
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Desire to help companies succeed in an environmentally sustainable manner
- You must be authorized to work in the United States; we cannot sponsor a visa for this position
- Training in the use of our market-leading GaBi software, used to model and develop Life Cycle Assessments for products and services.
- Our combined software and service solutions provide the exciting ability to work at the intersection of technology, business, and sustainability
- A client base that spans all major industries
- An interesting and diverse role in an international context
- Employment in a dynamic and rapidly growing market-leading company
- Competitive benefits package
- An opportunity to help businesses grow while enhancing environmental sustainability
- Job Family Marketing: Creative
- Pay Type Salary
- Boston, MA, USA
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Houston, TX, USA