Senior Contracts Specialist - Finance
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
Sphera is a portfolio company of Blackstone, a U.S.-based alternative asset investment company that focuses on private equity, technology and innovation, and more. Blackstone businesses succeed through strong partnerships, a personalized approach and a commitment to exceptional performance with uncompromising integrity. Sphera and Blackstone are leaders in the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) space.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of around 1000 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
Senior Contract Specialist - Finance
Reporting to the Director, Contracts, the Sr Contracts Specialist provides front line legal support to Sphera’s sales and services teams. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for supporting transactions for the sale and support of Sphera products and services. Specific responsibilities include:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Advises, drafts and negotiates agreements and ordering documents for b2b information and web-based products and services, including data, software, SaaS, professional services, and consulting and non-disclosure agreements.
- Advises and works with business to draft, review, negotiate, and process a variety of agreements and ordering documents; typically manages requested changes of high frequency and/or high complexity.
- Assist with leading activities with Sales, Services and Legal team management
- Gain familiarity with contract processes and procedures and works to find ways to improve those processes and procedures.
- Initiate and execute special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
Experience and Education:
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Mature analytical, negotiating and drafting skills.
- Extensive oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond promptly to requests for support and to manage turnaround expectations.
- 8-11 years relevant experience or comparable education.
- Prior in-house contract experience preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience drafting complex commercial agreements and negotiating complex commercial deals.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Paralegal or other credentials are desirable, but not required.
- Ability to physically perform general office requirements.
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without accommodations.
- Occasional travel including overnight domestic or international trips may be required
- Job Family Marketing: Product Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India