SR QUALITY ANALYST - QA PSC
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
Sphera is a portfolio company of Blackstone, a U.S.-based alternative asset investment company that focuses on private equity, technology and innovation, and more. Blackstone businesses succeed through strong partnerships, a personalized approach and a commitment to exceptional performance with uncompromising integrity. Sphera and Blackstone are leaders in the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) space.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of around 1000 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
Sphera, the former Operational Excellence and Risk Management business of IHS Inc. is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability processes. Our software allows customers to automate processes, monitor emissions, ensure regulatory compliance, and track chemical inventory throughout a manufacturing cycle. We were recently spun off by IHS and acquired by Genstar Capital, essentially positioning us as a start-up tech company with $100 million in annual revenue and over 3000 customers in 70+ countries.
At Sphera, it is more than just a job. If you are looking to help change the world and challenge status quo while growing your career, you might find some interesting opportunities to pursue whether for you or to refer a colleague.
Senior SQA Engineer
As a Senior SQA Engineer of the Government Solutions product line, you will have critical role in the refinement and execution of our products test strategy. You will be an active member assisting in the creation, maintenance and execution of the Test Plans, Test Suites and Test Cases via manual and automated testing utilizing both Blackbox and Whitebox methodologies. You will participate in all phases of the product lifecycle based upon the Agile Unified Process (AUP) methodology. In this position you must have an extraordinary attention to details, flexibility in changing tasks and priorities, the ability to handle pressure in a high volume - fast paced work environment.
General Job Duties:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the completion of all phases of the testing process of the assigned products.
- You will be defining Test Plans, Test Specifications, Test Suites and Test cases as required to ensure adequate testing of your products.
- Testing activities include: Installation, Configuration, Integration, Acceptance, Functional, Automation, Performance and Regression testing to meet the product testing requirements.
- You will also be responsible for automation of critical new features using test automation tools.
- Follow project milestones; design, document, implement and execute tests to achieve those milestones - on time.
- Participate in the daily Scrum meetings and communicate the results of all testing activities
- Ensure "Quality" to our "Customers" - both inside and outside of the company.
- Ensure that all observed product issues are being placed in the defect tracking system as required.
- Assist Technical Support with reproducing customer escalation issues.
- Work with diverse teams (Development, QA, Software Support, Product Management and Services) both onshore (local and remote) and offshore.
- BE in Computer Science, Mathematics or Electronics (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of QA experience (preferably with Software Development exposure)
- 3+ years of QA Automation experience.
- Solid expertise in Automation (using tools like Selenium, Watir)
- Previous experience with Java, Ruby or any programming language.
- Previous experience with Azure DevOps is highly preferred.
- Experience in Performance Testing tools (JMeter, Loadrunner) is preferred
- Previous experience in Continuous Integration Tools – Jenkins, TeamCity is a Plus
- Previous experience testing Web Services / SOAP / Rest Assured is a definite plus
- Experience with Windows component services is desirable
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project is highly desirable
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Must be team-oriented and yet capable of working largely with minimum supervision
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Job Family Marketing: Product Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India