Guest Services - Benziger Family Winery
The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America Req #506
Monday, March 29, 2021
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Benziger Family Winery, a leader in biodynamic farming and guest experiences, is seeking applicants for a part-time Guest Services position at their Glen Ellen, CA property. This position is responsible for providing exceptional hospitality and a memorable guest experience by welcoming and directing guests, introducing winery offerings to include tastings and visitation policies, taking and fulfilling reservations and guiding guests to/from experiences.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all guest interaction and responding to inquiries in a professional, timely and thorough manner
- Screen and respond to email and phone calls related to Guest Services, including but not limited to making reservations, answering general questions, coordinating wine order pickups, etc
- Greeting and checking in guests for daily reservations; relaying company policies
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service
- Work collaboratively with Hospitality and Tasting Rooms to organize and manage reservations for the daily customer experience
- Provide excellent customer service in all areas: welcome guests, educate and present the portfolio of experiences
- Upsell elevated tasting and touring experiences
- Arrives to work, appointments, meetings, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Utilize POS and reservation systems to manage high volume tour and elevated experience transactions. Possess a high level of integrity for performing sales transactions
- Perform office support functions: filing, copying, mailing, supply orders, etc.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One or more years’ experience in a premium winery tasting room, hospitality setting and/or retail sales position preferred
- Must work a minimum of 2 weekends (Saturday & Sunday) a month
- Must be available holiday weekends, and as needed for special events (weekends, evening and holidays)
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Computer proficiency: ability to learn POS and reservation systems
- Superior customer service skills and service driven
- Must have strong attention to detail excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, positive and professional disposition when dealing with guests, vendors and team members
- Be a team player, working with other associates to reach monthly and daily sales goals
- Always maintain a professional appearance
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast pace environment under pressure
- Pro-active and thorough in completing existing tasks and pursuing new assignments
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both indoors and outdoors
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America