In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for cheerfully greeting visitors and providing a positive and professional experience for all who visit or contact The Wine Group. You will answer incoming calls, provide administrative support to the marketing team, occasionally provide executive level support to visiting executives, direct and coordinate outside and internal deliveries, provide general clerical support, conduct data entry and oversee other general office activities.
- Greet employees, visitors and VIP guests and direct them to their proper destination. Provide general information and assistance to the public
- Answer phones and route calls to appropriate staff
- Sort, route and distribute mail as well as arranging for shipment of materials and packages
- Assist with the company’s wine competition program through reporting and database updates and maintenance
- Provide office support functions such as filing, copying, data entry, expense reports, assembling/mailing packets, and shipment/check out of event kits
- Perform office functions such as filing, copying, , entering purchase orders and placing wine sample orders
- Assist with facility calendar coordination, including meeting space reservations and supporting internal catering requirements
- Set up and clean up office and meeting spaces as necessary
- Schedule conference calls
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by Office Manager
- Be the ambassador of positivity for The Wine Group’s Livermore office
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- 1+ years of receptionist experience in an environment requiring a premium customer service level
- Professional presence with the ability to energetically handle multiple responsibilities in a pleasant, fun and gracious manner
- Ability to work autonomously and be adept at working on assignments of varying level and deadlines
- Expert interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, resolve problems, deal with unresolved issues, delays and unexpected events, while effectively communicating and maintaining outstanding rapport with all levels of guests, employees and vendors
- Knowledge of standard office procedures, proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Work independently within set guidelines
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Above all enjoy people, setting people at ease and creating a welcoming environment
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in an office environment.
- Working environment is both indoors and outdoors, with exposure to related equipment and noise levels
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Administrative Support
- Job Function Cross-Fun
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America