Seasonal Sugar Tester - Ripon
The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America Req #560
Sunday, April 25, 2021
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The Seasonal Sugar Tester reports to the Grower Relations Field Representative and requires significant travel to a wide variety of vineyards. Collecting grape samples and performing basic analysis during the Harvest Season. This is a part-time, seasonal position from appx. mid-July through October.
- Collecting Grape Samples at various vineyards
- Grape Maturity analysis and/or sample preparation
- Deliver Grape sample to lab daily
- Vineyard and grape health monitoring
- Provide support to lab personnel as needed
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Experience, a plus
- Basic Math Skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be dependable and flexible to work varying shifts, overtime, and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation (You will receive mileage reimbursement)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Support and model all company procedures and policies Embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group’s Values, Long-Term sustainable Value Creation, Relentlessly Entrepreneurial People, and Responsible and Trustworthy
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Position requires significant travel between vineyards
- Must be able to walk and/or drive for long periods of time
- Primary work activities are in the environment elements
- Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
- May be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, farming chemicals and fertilizers
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Vineyard Ops/Grower Relations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America