The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America Req #578
Thursday, April 29, 2021
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The Marketing Specialist reports to the Director of Sales and Hospitality , and is based at our Livermore, CA location. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Director of Sales and Hospitality in delivering and executing brand plans across the 4Ps of marketing: product, place, price and promotion. The Marketing Specialist will be a “front-end marketer” who understands consumer insights, product development and packaging, integrates marketing strategies and tactics into all consumer touch points, and drives and influences sales. This person will have a strong grounding in CPG Marketing best practices and successful track record of building alcoholic beverage and/or CPG brands.
- Creative and Flexible Brand Marketer: Intuitively “gets” brands and consumer motivations. Skilled, creative marketer who is comfortable operating in a non-traditional, fast-paced environment and is not afraid to turn a problem upside down to develop unique solutions.
- Marketing Communications: Develops, manages and executes brand-building consumer campaigns including digital media, social media, public relations, websites and/or experiential. Develops, manages and executes sales materials, including creative, storytelling, execution and fulfillment coordination, with strong attention to detail and adherence to timelines.
- New Product and Packaging Leadership: Collaborates with creative development team to brief and adjust packaging to meet/exceed consumer expectations and achieve differentiation within the marketplace. Leads packaging projects from creative brief to printing to production. Manages new product process with cross-functional teams and helps develop sales pitch. Monitors performance and works with sales to meet KPIs.
- Consumer and Customer (Wholesaler and Retailer) Orientation: Create presentations with audience in mind, including sales pitches for customers, brand plans and updates for senior leadership.
- Analytical Competency: Demonstrate continuous category and consumer understanding that will influence strategic business recommendations and day-to-day project management. Analyze and track brand data and performance. Comfortable with data and knows how to pull key “nuggets” out of data, translate into focused insights and storytelling in presentations.
- Strong Cross-Functional Contributor and Team Player: Liaison for marketing team with other departments such as purchasing, finance, winemaking, and sales, collaborating and communicating to ensure excellence in execution of brand plans, packaging and programs. Effectively execute marketing projects within assigned budgets on time.
- Entrepreneurial Track Record and Competitive Drive: Will work in an entrepreneurial manner, with proven experience in an environment of resource limitations, cost control, prudent risk taking and limitless creativity. Will manage ambiguity and multiple priorities; conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure. Strives for excellence with an eye towards continually improving output and an orientation that “good” isn’t good enough.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing or related field
- 3+ years’ experience with a background in marketing, sales, advertising, public relations, promotions, digital media required
- Must be 21 at time of hire
- Wine or spirits industry and/or consumer packaged goods experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong results orientation and project management skills, excelling at juggling a wide range of administrative and marketing support projects to meet project goals and timelines. Flexible when needs and priorities shift. Self-motivated and takes initiative, with ability to operate under pressure and meet tight timelines.
- Highly articulate and comfortable working with individuals at all levels of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; operates equally effectively in formal and informal settings and internally and externally. Well-honed influencing skills; courage to confidently express an independent point of view.
- Possess intellectual curiosity. Can connect “the dots” quickly and perceptively. Problem solves without a road map. Fascinated by emerging consumer trends and design. Enjoys challenging conventional wisdom.
- Have astuteness and flexibility. Is pragmatic, adaptable and focused in a fast-paced environment. Adapts strategies and approach as new information and circumstances arise. Is resilient in the face of challenging obstacles. Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines.
- Shows passion, energy/endurance, intensity and excitement; is outcome/results focused and drives issues to closure. Resourceful and innovative (scrappy); always pushing to find new and better ways of working.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, and InDesign, WordPress, MailChimp
- Create and manage advertising campaigns and email promotions for the Tasting Room, Events, Wine Club and eCommerce.
- Manage website and estate brochures and collateral.
- Position operates in a professional office environment
- Ability to travel occasionally between home office, corporate office and vendor/agency sites
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Position includes travel to various industry and/or company events, 10-20% of the time
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Product Marketing and Brand Management
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America