Harvest Cellar Crew 2 - Seasonal
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
We are seeking a Harvest Cellar Worker to work this season through November or December at our Livermore winery. The Harvest Cellar Worker is responsible for general winery work that includes hooking up grape trucks, sanitizing tanks, hoses, pipelines, general cleaning, and any other winery related tasks. The ideal candidate is energetic and hard working with at least 2 years general labor experience in a production/manufacturing environment, plus prior forklift experience.
**Additional Stay Pay Bonus opportunity for staying through the harvest season!**
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Perform general housekeeping and cleaning tasks, including paint equipment (e.g. sweeping, scooping up debris, pulling weeds, using a shovel, using water hoses for wash-down of grounds or buildings, using painting equipment, power washer, etc.)
- Scrub pumps, fittings and miscellaneous equipment parts as needed
- Sweep or rake winery floors, grounds and dispose of all trash and place in the proper disposal area
- Barrel work that includes prepping, barrel downs, topping, racking, blending
- Receiving fruit, white processing and pressing, red processing and dig outs, shipping juice, pump overs, yeasting, and nutrient additions
- Operate cleaning equipment and tools to clean cellar floors, walls, tank pads, outside and inside of tanks, and walkways
- Manipulate tank lids to ensure proper opening and closing of tank tops for cellar operations
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 2+ years general labor experience in a production or manufacturing environment required.
- 1-2 years of general winery experience preferred
- Must be 18 years or older upon starting employment.
- Prior forklift experience is strongly preferred, but can be overlooked with willingness to obtain certification through the company if hired.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand instructions in English
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Must be flexible with shift schedule (generally day or swing shifts between 6am and 9pm)
- Operation of basic hand tools
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Leadership and Drive: Collaborative team leader with high motivation and strong desire to achieve in a demanding environment. Sets dramatic goals and aggressive schedules for improvement. Conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure. A team builder who inspires, coaches, develops and leads from the trenches and by example. Holds oneself and others accountable for achieving high levels of performance and responsiveness. Attracts, retains and develops strong talent.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Connects “the dots” quickly and perceptively. Problem solves without a road map. Fascinated by emerging consumer trends and design. Enjoys challenging conventional wisdom.
- Communication Skills: Translates data into focused insights. Highly articulate. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; operates equally effectively in formal and informal settings both internally and externally. Well-honed influencing skills; courage to confidently express an independent point of view.
- Cultural Astuteness and Flexibility: Is pragmatic, adaptable and focused in a fast-paced environment. Adapts strategies and approach as new information and circumstances arise. Is resilient in the face of challenging obstacles.
- Energy: Has a very high capacity for work. Shows passion, energy/endurance, intensity and excitement. Is outcome/results focused and drives issues to closure. Resourceful and innovative; always pushing to find new and better ways of working.
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
- Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in the performance of various task in the warehouse environment
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 60 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America